Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

Interview: One on One w/Otis

Pretty good read on this interview, Otis is really confident about us matching up against Boston and Cav's.

"I think we play them well. Both of those teams are very good, but considering our strengths and weaknesses, we match up very well. We caught the Celtics when we had three guys down earlier this year. When you have three of your eight guys in your rotation out, that's a tough time to play them. They came out to deliver a message in that game and they did just that. But I think we match up with those teams well."

Interview

Pretty good read on this interview, Otis is really confident about us matching up against Boston and Cav's.

"I think we play them well. Both of those teams are very good, but considering our strengths and weaknesses, we match up very well. We caught the Celtics when we had three guys down earlier this year. When you have three of your eight guys in your rotation out, that's a tough time to play them. They came out to deliver a message in that game and they did just that. But I think we match up with those teams well."

Interview

While we may be able to match up with them in a regular season game, I truly believe both of those teams would beat us in a 7 game series. Lebron gets all the calls and is a bad match up for Hedo and D12 tends to disappear against the Celtics and Pistons. This current team is another second round exit.

I thought this to be interesting:

quote:
S...Do you see any moves made prior to trade deadline or are you confident you can make a run with the team you have today?

O..Well, I think we can make a run as the team is. But, I would be remiss to sit on my hands and not at least look to get better. I think we always have to look to get better. We have to look at ways to add a little bit more punch to this team, so that goes without saying.

Last year he was telling the media that chances of a mid-season trade were remote. Interesting that he's not singing that song this time.

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

While we may be able to match up with them in a regular season game, I truly believe both of those teams would beat us in a 7 game series. Lebron gets all the calls and is a bad match up for Hedo and D12 tends to disappear against the Celtics and Pistons. This current team is another second round exit.

I would have to disagree with you on the fact that both teams would beat us in a 7 game series.

True, Lebron gets alot of calls but thats not going to put 90+ points on the score board. If you let the Star be the Star and shut down the role players (Like Detroit did to the Lakers for its first championship), then the Cav's will fall before game 7.

The Celtics ran out of gas last yr and almost didnt make it past the first round Hawks. This year can very easily be a repeat of the Celtics running out of gas.

We have a very talented PG, who is having a break out yr. We have the Best Center in the East. We have very good wing players. And we are in the top 5 of most major defensive categories.

The Magic can easily handle Detroit (its a mind thing now), the Magic can beat both the Celtics and Cavs, simply because they cannot match up with Howard.

What no JJ trade question?? I think we need to move him or Bogans for a defensive PF. I also thing the Magic can beat both Clevend and Boston. Clevlend can be beaten the same way we beat Miami and LA. Boston can be beaten by pushing the ball and running the floor which the Magic can do and should do more of.

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

What no JJ trade question?? I think we need to move him or Bogans for a defensive PF. I also thing the Magic can beat both Clevend and Boston. Clevlend can be beaten the same way we beat Miami and LA. Boston can be beaten by pushing the ball and running the floor which the Magic can do and should do more of.

Why bother? Otis never answers specific questions.

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

Early to call, but there isn't a very good chance at us playing Detroit or Boston in the second round...I still feel awfully confident against Cleveland.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

Why bother? Otis never answers specific questions.

Which GM does, though, when asked about a specific player?

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

In terms of the playoffs, we're still a step behind Boston, Cleveland, and Detroit.

Not if Detroit keeps starting AI, Stuckey, and Rip. I think that it would come down to AI having to guard Jameer and Rip having to guard Hedo and those glaring mismatches would make us a favorite in the series. I mean Rasheed would be in pretty crazy foul trouble having to worry about Hedo having his way with a smaller defender and guarding Dwight and I actually Rashard matching up against Tayshaun a lot better than Hedo because of Prince's tendency to play with his back to the basket. It would be our series to lose, regardless of our earlier loss to them. These guys play small ball without a team-orientated, defensive, and big point guard. So basically, not the team we lost to the past two seasons. The other point is that this Magic team really hasn't even seen them at their full potentional. Call me crazy, but I don't think that the career lows Hedo is shooting will keep up but I am willing to hope Jameer can keep playing at a freakishly high level (convinent huh?) and we are a considerably better team than last season whereas the Pistons could be significantly worse than last season. I will admit that is early to tell with a change of Head Coach and a serious change at the point guard position.

I also really don't think that the way the Magic play now is indicitive of how they will in the postseason when we actually give effort on the glass which is really the only thing holding us back in my opinion.