Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

Game Thread: Wizards @ Warlocks [1/6/08] 7:00 P.M. An Epic confrontation of MAGIC

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Butler is a lower level wizard than Jamison?

Anyone who's watched the Wizards play the Magic knows that Jamison is number 1 in ppg in the league against us in Orlando.

He is without a doubt a lower level Wizard.

Wouldn't that just mean that Jamison has wizard powers that most effectively target our weaknesses, while Butler is a stronger wizard overall? Like maybe Butler is Megaman X, and Jamison is regular Megaman who got equipped with Bubble lead, and we just happen to have a weakness to....bubble....lead.

Everytime I think about the Megaman series, my head explodes. Every time. But I think my overall point still stands. In a vacuum, Butler is better than Jamison.

i was going to make this point that he'd be a level higher wizard, but i was living in fear that i'd sound like a total nerd, i'm glad to see you took the entire nerd cake on my behalf, actually with the megaman comment you could have outnerded almost anything that has ever walked the earth.

I still stand by my argument that the stupidest villain in the history of modern entertainment was Gravity Man from (I think) Megaman 5. The guy could control gravity. Any person on this board, even the stupid ones, could come up with 800 different ways to kill a single blue robot with that kind of super power while eating a sandwich, and all gravity man could think to do was force Megaman to have to run around on the ceiling for awhile.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Anybody else get nervous when looking at pics of Sir Gortat on the web? Sometimes I feel like he is just going to pop off my screen and destroy me.

Hilarious game thread TITY.

vigo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

quote:

Anybody else get nervous when looking at pics of Sir Gortat on the web? Sometimes I feel like he is just going to pop off my screen and destroy me.

vigo.jpg

Look at this guy!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Butler is a lower level wizard than Jamison?

Anyone who's watched the Wizards play the Magic knows that Jamison is number 1 in ppg in the league against us in Orlando.

He is without a doubt a lower level Wizard.

Wouldn't that just mean that Jamison has wizard powers that most effectively target our weaknesses, while Butler is a stronger wizard overall? Like maybe Butler is Megaman X, and Jamison is regular Megaman who got equipped with Bubble lead, and we just happen to have a weakness to....bubble....lead.

Everytime I think about the Megaman series, my head explodes. Every time. But I think my overall point still stands. In a vacuum, Butler is better than Jamison.

i was going to make this point that he'd be a level higher wizard, but i was living in fear that i'd sound like a total nerd, i'm glad to see you took the entire nerd cake on my behalf, actually with the megaman comment you could have outnerded almost anything that has ever walked the earth.

I still stand by my argument that the stupidest villain in the history of modern entertainment was Gravity Man from (I think) Megaman 5. The guy could control gravity. Any person on this board, even the stupid ones, could come up with 800 different ways to kill a single blue robot with that kind of super power while eating a sandwich, and all gravity man could think to do was force Megaman to have to run around on the ceiling for awhile.

The Hypno-Hustler has something to say about that.

135708-86636-the-hypno-hustler_large.jpg

quote:

I see what you're getting at. Had I implemented a Megaman Boss system, this would be 100% correct, though that is not the case. Jamison has had far more years to harness his Wizard..ish abilities. Butler has yet to even pick out his very own robe.

quote:
I still stand by my argument that the stupidest villain in the history of modern entertainment was Gravity Man from (I think) Megaman 5

Wrong, that would be Topman. I need not explain why.

quote:

quote:
I still stand by my argument that the stupidest villain in the history of modern entertainment was Gravity Man from (I think) Megaman 5

Wrong, that would be Topman. I need not explain why.

Topman is certainly in the hunt for most pathetic(though I think he loses out to Clownman. Seriously, there was a Clownman), but his power was next to useless: he threw tops at you. Any 3 year old can do that. Gravityman had an ability you could kill the entire world with just by thinking about it, and he's still maybe the easiest boss in his respective game. It'd be like if Mr. Freeze could only use his freeze ray on things that were already cold, like ice skating rinks and freezers.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sebi:

quote:

Rightly so... I guess.

q46cslvq.png

And I agree: Great game thread! Keep them coming.

If you don't mind, that just became my new avatar.

help yourself!

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

NO love for the Rainbow Raider? The guy shoots colors people...

rainbow-raider.jpg

I swear I read this quickly and thought you said "The guy shoots colored people..." I was about to yell at you, but then I reread the post.

This game thread, with TITY's efforts and the posts that have followed, is already officially my favorite in the 3 years I've posted or lurked here. Hopefully the discussion degenerates further into Legend Of Zelda, Metroid (don't must Mega Man discussions get followed up by Metroid talk moments after?), Castlevania, or possibly even Ghouls And Goblins.

That would really make my year, and it just started.

As for the game, I'm thrilled that Lee is starting, and it looks like Redick's gonna be important off the bench. It's put up or shut up time, particularly for Redick. In the big picture of the team, a W is important as the rest of the Month gets pretty hellish as a schedule goes after this. Heck, even the Kings are playing better. But the Magic don't just need a W, they need to start revving up their A game again and build momentum. Specifically, they need to get back to playing good offensively AND defensively in the same game again.

I'll say their x-factor is Andrey Blatche, and ours is clearly Courtney Lee. Washington makes a better accounting of themselves than the last time they played us. It's a close game and the Magic play better and better as the game goes on. But I think the Magic win.

Washington 90

Orlando 97