Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poll: What Should Otis Do With Turk?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Moses for the win.

He parts the waters, then gets everyone else DQ'ed for being out of the water.

Wrong!!!

I take Paul all day long. There isn't another man that would dare to get into the pool. Can you say skunk?

RuPaul_fl.jpg

Ooh, I like the Moses choice. I would pick Simon Peter, but the schlub always gets scared and almost drowns. If I had my choice of anyone, I'm going with Gi from Captain Planet. She could make a water vortex and push the ball in.

How is it that this message board always manages to throw in some early 90's pop culture reference?

In the words of Cory Feldman from The 'Burbs, I love this street.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

If I had my choice of anyone, I'm going with Gi from Captain Planet. She could make a water vortex and push the ball in.

I counter that with Jayna from the Wonder Twins. But only if Gleek is allowed to lend his nose.

quote:

Ooh, I like the Moses choice. I would pick Simon Peter, but the schlub always gets scared and almost drowns. If I had my choice of anyone, I'm going with Gi from Captain Planet. She could make a water vortex and push the ball in.

How is it that this message board always manages to throw in some early 90's pop culture reference?

Gi for the win. I will not Wikipedia that and just trust you have the right Planeteer.

Speaking of Corey Feldman if anyone wants to feel totally uncomfortable yet laugh at the same time then this clip is for you. I saw this on the Soup's Clipdown the other day. Comic Gold.

Gets great at about 1:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmJE2UsuN0M

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Moses for the win.

He parts the waters, then gets everyone else DQ'ed for being out of the water.

Wrong!!!

I take Paul all day long. There isn't another man that would dare to get into the pool. Can you say skunk?

I don't think I would ever want to have to tell anyone that I played on the same team as Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

Gi for the win. I will not Wikipedia that and just trust you have the right Planeteer.

Speaking of Corey Feldman if anyone wants to feel totally uncomfortable yet laugh at the same time then this clip is for you. I saw this on the Soup's Clipdown the other day. Comic Gold.

dip dat doo doo I LOVE YOUUU!

Wow, just wow...

I am not comparing Hedo to CP3 or Nash (not this years Nash I guess). I edited my first post on this right after I wrote it to clarify. In a pick, I would choose a guy who is not selfish, who can read the game and the players, and plays SMART.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Our understanding of basketball must not be the same. I would pick Steve Nash or Chris Paul over your 30 points a game guy anyday (Insert Kobe,Lebron, etc.) . They understand the game and are not selfish.

You can argue that Chris Paul is every bit as productive and necessary as Kobe or Lebron, but have you watched Steve Nash play this year? He's been nothing more than mediocre.

And please clarify, are you comparing Hedo to CP3? I hope not for your sake.

It is easier to see what I am responding to when I write above the quote. Sorry about that :-)

quote:

On a completely unrelated note, does it bother anyone else that ma responds ABOVE the quote?

Just sayin'.

Oh, and if Kobe and Nash walked into the local YMCA and said we wanna play, Kobe's team would kill, simply because Nash would be passing to Steve from accounting while Kobe would be dunking on everyone.

Again, just sayin'.

I am not a Hedo fanatic, I just like the guy, and I think he does not deserve all this extreme criticism. When a friend of yours do something not as good, do you stop calling/talking to him and trade to another friend? Please let's all remember the times when this team was not good. Big part of the reason we are good today is that Hedo is handling the ball, Rashard is steady-good, and Dwight is becoming the BEAST of the EAST.

quote:

Well, seeing as I refer to Hedo Worshipers within the current quote, I say leave as is. Player homerism is always quality, especially when juxtaposed with the Eternal Greatness of Warlock Gortat.

By the way, nice to be recognized! Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

more 90's gold

That is a good point about the pick being required by Hedo. Are we sure that is not a design by Stan?

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Josh Howard may not play an identical game to Hedo, but he is most certainly a comparable talent.

What the Magic would lose in play making ability, they would make up in adding a player who can defend at a very high level, & take defenders off the bounce. Hedo is effective off the dribble, but he needs picks. One of the biggest weaknesses this team has offensively is that we don't have any wings who can consistently take defenders one on one.

With that said, no way this organization trades for Josh Howard. That tirade this summer was a crack rock short of the one that got 3D exiled.