Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poll: What Should Otis Do With Turk?

quote:
Originally posted by ankara:

After toronto game, you have decided to trade him. After washington game, you changed your mind.

Care to point out people who changed their minds about Hedo after the Washington game?

quote:

Nelson is not new guy, more than 5 years now. He is not consistent, making play for this team. Without Hedo, orlando's offence will not run like now. It is clear.

Nelson as in Jameer? He's been a Magic for more than 5 years? I'm lost, he and Dwight entered the league the same year. At most, he is in his 5th year, no where beyond that.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ozgurmoses:

"dozen" night for 30 games is a very ruthless approach to his game even his statistics are down. I beleive that he deserves more money and respect.

The problem that Hedo fans seem to have seems to largely stem from their inability to realize that statistics exist.

Hedo's awful games so far this year(yes, I know awful is subjective, but these games were atrocious by most any standard):

10/29 vs. Atlanta

11/3 vs Chicago

11/8 vs Washington

11/12 vs Oklahoma City

11/21 vs Indiana

11/26 vs Philadelphia

12/5 vs Oklahoma City

12/8 vs LA Clippers

12/12 vs Phoenix

12/15 vs Golden State

12/22 vs Golden State

1/2 vs Miami

1/4 vs Toronto.

And those are just the ones where he was awful. Not bad, but awful. And there are people that want us to pay him 10m a season. Wow.

make it 8 millions for 7 years, he is 30 years old. He will accept it. and when you have no space on salary cap, dont blame hedo. Just check lewis contract and what you have from him.

quote:

After toronto game, you have decided to trade him. After washington game, you changed your mind.

Nelson is not new guy, more than 5 years now. He is not consistent, making play for this team. Without Hedo, orlando's offence will not run like now. It is clear.

fortunately, Otis is not evaluating team game by game as you did.

that's the point. Hedo is a vital part of the team and should not be a part of such trade deals and criticism. I read an article at ESPN about the slump of Most Improved Players in the following year. Hedo is going through a similar experience.

When u check all previous Hedo Trade posts just like this one , you will see the same picture:

1000-over 3000 frequent Posts owners like Kberto, Berto, emory, Soul Bro, Jareth, SmackDaddy, Drain-O, Natmayo, DOM..... etc and even our fair moderator Marc Acres are showing same attitude all the time. Briefly they dont like Hedo's playing style independently from his effort, value, stats, skills, clutchs ... etc. It has been turned somehow personal rather than rational in time.

If you are a new commers to those boards and after reading currents posts i bet u easily feel this negative stuffs regarding Hedo.

I was thinking It turned Old Members versus few Hedo Fans. There are a few guyz left behind sitting on the mid way.

From my point of view Hedo at Orlando story has been ended long time ago. Thats why i sticked to "trade him" bandwagon.

I should confess this kind of poll results regarding Hedo are making me surprize just like previous results. I bet its valid for above mentioned members.

Majority are behind Hedo?

If so Who are they? (Belive me They are not Turkish Fans. Most of us are at the trade him wagon.)

I'm one of the few(!) people who is behind Hedo.For me he's the one who makes this team a first class team.I say that again the biggest big players like D12 wouldn't be a superstar without a good passer.there are a lot of examples(Malone-Stockton,Duncan-Parker)Without good passers they couldn't play so good.And Hedo has a lot of advantages vs these players because he's taller and he could play in 4 different positions.When he couldn't shoot good then he makes assists,takes rebounds and he's Ice cold in the important moments of the games.There're not so many players in the world with this capabilities.I think without Hedo would play Orlando only for play-offs not for the Championship.When Orlando will trade him,it won't affect Hedo so much.he could play in any team,but that wouldn't be so good for Orlando.Just look at his assist statistics and then u will see that.Orlando's problem is not in PF or SF,but the guards.

Hedo's cool. I appreciate the intangibles that he brings to the table. But I don't think he's worth $10m a year from what he's shown so far this season.

Okay, to be fair to him, last year was the ONLY year where I'd think he's worth $10m. Right now, playing on a possible contract year, he's just not bringing home the bacon.

That's where the argument stems from. From the numerous things that might not end well for the Magic regarding Turkoglu after this season, should we entertain the many scenarios of moving him?

It's not a knock on Hedo's ability, but he's our best trading piece right now. What management decides to do with Hedo could either make or break the team's championship chances so it is not a thing to be taken lightly.

quote:
Originally posted by SarGe:

When u check all previous Hedo Trade posts just like this one , you will see the same picture:

1000-over 3000 frequent Posts owners like Kberto, Berto, emory, Soul Bro, Jareth, SmackDaddy, Drain-O, Natmayo, DOM..... etc and even our fair moderator Marc Acres are showing same attitude all the time. Briefly they dont like Hedo's playing style independently from his effort, value, stats, skills, clutchs ... etc. It has been turned somehow personal rather than rational in time.

If you are a new commers to those boards and after reading currents posts i bet u easily feel this negative stuffs regarding Hedo.

I was thinking It turned Old Members versus few Hedo Fans. There are a few guyz left behind sitting on the mid way.

From my point of view Hedo at Orlando story has been ended long time ago. Thats why i sticked to "trade him" bandwagon.

I should confess this kind of poll results regarding Hedo are making me surprize just like previous results. I bet its valid for above mentioned members.

Majority are behind Hedo?

If so Who are they? (Belive me They are not Turkish Fans. Most of us are at the trade him wagon.)

D12 is not from this planet bu the rest of it cannot be even thought as a candidate to be compared with him in terms of marjinal utility he brought (money/ statistics).

Yeah. Majority are behind him but some members are against him because bla bla bla. Old member versus new members? What is this crap!

I dont care who are the people behind him.

Maybe he pays some people to defend him here!

or he logs on with different names and IPs and vote for himself! icon_smile.gif

That would be very funny.

Oops!!! Is he giving money to me to write down these words icon_smile.gif)

So much fun to be here...

I

quote:
Originally posted by lemanyak:

I'm one of the few(!) people who is behind Hedo.For me he's the one who makes this team a first class team.I say that again the biggest big players like D12 wouldn't be a superstar without a good passer.there are a lot of examples(Malone-Stockton,Duncan-Parker)Without good passers they couldn't play so good.And Hedo has a lot of advantages vs these players because he's taller and he could play in 4 different positions.When he couldn't shoot good then he makes assists,takes rebounds and he's Ice cold in the important moments of the games.There're not so many players in the world with this capabilities.I think without Hedo would play Orlando only for play-offs not for the Championship.When Orlando will trade him,it won't affect Hedo so much.he could play in any team,but that wouldn't be so good for Orlando.Just look at his assist statistics and then u will see that.Orlando's problem is not in PF or SF,but the guards.

Did you actually just suggest that Duncan and Malone were only superstars because they played with good point guards? Do I really need to explain how entirely wrong and backwards that logic is?

To support what DOM just said....all superstar players have benefitted to some degree from being able to play with other high-caliber players. But the cream of the crop (to which Duncan and Malone belong) are going to be good regardless. The only difference might have been a slight tweak in their stats.

solution is easy : dont play with hedo just bench him for 3 games against some good teams and wait for the result..if the team is better without him just trade him or let him away say him good luck and goodbye...

i say again with jameer nelson's leading this team cant go anywhere...he is not a w-factor...this team nees a superstar pg first..when u get him trade hedo if you dont get a super pg then you got to keep hedo..coz he is the only leading capable person who makes good defence and good passing around even not good shooting sometimes...if you can trade him against d-williams or c paul, then it ll be fine...just do it..when m pietrus comes back he and lewis can fill many gaps and team can run with a good pg then...the weakest chain is j nelson..trade him first...

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

To support what DOM just said....all superstar players have benefitted to some degree from being able to play with other high-caliber players. But the cream of the crop (to which Duncan and Malone belong) are going to be good regardless. The only difference might have been a slight tweak in their stats.

His assertion about Duncan/Parker was particularly ridiculous.

By the time Parker got to SA, Duncan already had a ROY, a title, a finals MVP, and 3 all-star appearances, 4 Top 5 MVP finishes(in his first 4 years in the league), and Duncan won his first MVP in Parker's rookie year, when Parker averaged 9/2/4.

quote:
Originally posted by serdar:

solution is easy : dont play with hedo just bench him for 3 games against some good teams and wait for the result..if the team is better without him just trade him or let him away say him good luck and goodbye...

i say again with jameer nelson's leading this team cant go anywhere...he is not a w-factor...this team nees a superstar pg first..when u get him trade hedo if you dont get a super pg then you got to keep hedo..coz he is the only leading capable person who makes good defence and good passing around even not good shooting sometimes...if you can trade him against d-williams or c paul, then it ll be fine...just do it..when m pietrus comes back he and lewis can fill many gaps and team can run with a good pg then...the weakest chain is j nelson..trade him first...

Hedo brings a lot of things to this team, but good defense is not one of them.