Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Otis make a roster move? Kyler gives his 2 cents - Chat(12:00)

Okay so by now we all understand that chemistry is huge to Otis but wouldn't it be same to assume that since Jameer, Dwight, Rashard, Hedo, etc. are all such nice guys that anyone could basically fit it on the team. Its not like they are trading for someone of say Lebron's caliber. Chucky Atkins is not all of a sudden going to divide the lockerroom.

Denver must be confused as to which player is coming off an injury if they want the Magic to give them a 2nd round pick.

If anything, it should be the other way around.

I don't mind a straight-up trade, and our 2nd-round pick is pretty much a throw-away, but I'm stunned that Denver would think that the Magic should be the ones adding value to the deal.

I don't understand all the trade and salary cap rules...even though the ESPN trade checker said Atkins was owed for two more years Soul Bro was telling me something to the effect that he heard Atkins money was not gauranteed...whoever can clarify that I'm all ears...

Okay, for those of you that are interested in getting a back-up point guard and aren't happy with Anthony Johnson...here's some scoop...with links provided.

First off I participated in the Pree chat this weekend...I asked two questions...here they are:

quote:
Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

Steve Kyler mentioned yesteday in his Morning Report that Denver sources told him the Magic could havd had Chucky Atkins for Brian Cook and a 2nd rounder. I'm trying to think of a logical explanation why Otis didn't...can you?

Preetom Bhattacharya:

Never trade a big for a small, even if you really need that small?

quote:

Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

As a follow-up to the previous Atkins/Cook question, I've even been told that contrary to popular belief about Atkins being owed for two more years of his contract that only about 750,000 of it is guaranteed. Is this true?

Preetom Bhattacharya:

Atkins' 2009-2010 salary is is partially guaranteed for 760k.

I thought okay, cool...I'll just let this die.

Then, today I'm surfing the net and I come across this little piece from the Denver Post written by none other than Woody Paige...ye of ESPN fame...he is the beat writer for the Nuggets for the Post.

Here's what he had to say:

quote:

Chucky Atkins and Hunter, who are contributing little and nothing, and their combined $6.8 million salary should be traded, with the Nuggets' extra future No. 1 draft pick if required, to Philadelphia (a team which has dealt with Denver before), Oklahoma City (a team which will deal with anybody), Orlando (a team which should deal with the Nuggets) or Milwaukee (a team which needs to make a deal with somebody).

These are four naturals for the Nuggets:

Chucky would be fine, and Id love to get rid of Cookie and that contract.

Steven Hunter is a waste to me but he gets 6 fouls and that could help us in some limited minutes.

IMO, I would just scout the D-League and find a young up and comer thats cheap and hungry and groom him for some minor minutes. AJ seems to be entrenched so I wouldnt think that anyone is gonna get any major time.

Dont ask me for a specific name, I dont have one but theres got to be a hungry young man that would give all for a few morsels in the big time.