Sign in to follow this  
PEC

Magic Team Salaries???

I was just using the salary page at HoopsHype to check something about if you traded this or that player and how their contract is set (Hedo's)and wanted more information so I checked ESPN and their team salary information where I ran into a major surprise it shows a 2.2 million dollar difference between the two websites over Nelson's salary and his is not the only one.

What gives can anyone explain this??????

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=orl

I was just using the salary page at HoopsHype to check something about if you traded this or that player and how their contract is set (Hedo's)and wanted more information so I checked ESPN and their team salary information where I ran into a major surprise it shows a 2.2 million dollar difference between the two websites over Nelson's salary and his is not the only one.

What gives can anyone explain this??????

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=orl

****, Tony Battie and Brian Cook make an awful lot of money for what they bring to the table. We can sign some decent peeps for 4.5million each, I would think.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

****, Tony Battie and Brian Cook make an awful lot of money for what they bring to the table. We can sign some decent peeps for 4.5million each, I would think.

Agreed...I think you could put J.J. Redick in that category too...$2,140,000.00 to sit on the end of the bench with Adonal Foyle...at least Foyle only makes $797,000...for the 11th and 12th players on our roster respectively.

At least Battie is a contributor...I think the team is "trying" to showcase Cook for trading purposes...I'm hoping for the best, as we all are with trading Cook.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Agreed...I think you could put J.J. Redick in that category too...$2,140,000.00 to sit on the end of the bench with Adonal Foyle...at least Foyle only makes $797,000...for the 11th and 12th players on our roster respectively.

At least Battie is a contributor...I think the team is "trying" to showcase Cook for trading purposes...I'm hoping for the best, as we all are with trading Cook.

Yea JJ is more overpaid than Battie.

Battie is the only one of those 3 that is a net positive on the court. Im not talking about that +/- stat i just mean hes the only one that doesnt hurt the team by coming onto the court.

quote:

quote:

Actually the most overpaid is Bogans compared to Redick. At least Redick scored for the Magic against the Hornets while Bogans couldn't sink a basket for the Magic, but he did for the Hornets.

That's the kind of game he has for this past month. Plus unlike Redick, Bogans contract is an expiring that is worth a lot more to other teams out there.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Jameer's salary on hoopshype is the correct figure

Thanks for that information, so is is correct for the other players like Wilks?

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

Actually the most overpaid is Bogans compared to Redick. At least Redick scored for the Magic against the Hornets while Bogans couldn't sink a basket for the Magic, but he did for the Hornets.

That's the kind of game he has for this past month. Plus unlike Redick, Bogans contract is an expiring that is worth a lot more to other teams out there.

Neither player is overpayed at all compared to NBA standards.

Bogans salary comprises 4% of our total salary. He scores roughly 6% of our points per game. he also makes 11% of our threes. Commits only 2% of our TOs

Redick makes 3% of our salary. he scores roughly 4% of our points...

i know salary and production shouldn't relate at this level i just thought id take a look at it.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

lol at you repeating yourself in every thread...it's too bad there is more to basketball than points. Slob on slobber!