Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Lewis an All-Star, Jameer a Snub

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

The consensus among the talking heads is that Rashard is a shoe in with the coaches to get in.

Magic Johnson said today that Jameer should go along with Rondo and Harris.

I think Rashard deserves it easily, but in all honesty, we will get overlooked.

Iverson

Wade

Lebron

Garnett

Howard

Reserves:

Bosh

Butler

Harris

Rondo

Allen

Johnson*

Pierce*

Ilgauskas

Hello! Here goes my first post here.

I think Granger is having an all start season, but Indiana is 8 games below 500 and he's only averaging 5 more points and 1 less rebound than Lewis.

C. Butler??? The Wizsucks have only won 4 games and Butler it their go to guy. He only averages 2 more points and 4 more assists.

Ilgauskas? I'd rather have Lee, R. Wallace..heck even Perkins.

But I'll agree with you! There won't be any room for any more magic players!

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

The consensus among the talking heads is that Rashard is a shoe in with the coaches to get in.

Iverson

Wade

Lebron

Garnett

Howard

Reserves:

Bosh

Butler

Harris

Rondo

Allen

Johnson*

Pierce*

Ilgauskas

I think Granger is having an all start season, but Indiana is 8 games below 500 and he's only averaging 5 more points and 1 less rebound than Lewis.

C. Butler??? The Wizsucks have only won 4 games and Butler it their go to guy. He only averages 2 more points and 4 more assists.

Let me clarify, I don't think these players all deserve to make the team, they are just who I assume will make it based on name and rep.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

Iverson

Wade

Lebron

Garnett

Howard

Reserves:

Bosh

Butler

Harris

Rondo

Allen

Johnson*

Pierce*

Ilgauskas

Let me clarify, I don't think these players all deserve to make the team, they are just who I assume will make it based on name and rep.

I understood your first post. You normally go to the all start game by being popular. Iverson isn't playing well and fans are still voting for him.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

I think our guys getting shafted will be good, it'll continue to give them that us vs the world mentality.

That's a good point, and of course it would keep them fresh for the rest of the season.

Wouldn't it be funny if the coaches picked Turk merely as a makeup call for last season? I don't think it's impossible, especially since he has played well on national TV games.

Well I think it's clearly working, whenever we play the disrespect card we go out and win.

Recognition could cause contention...

I'm surprised so many of you believe we get the shaft on this. I think it's a given that we get a second man on the all-star team. At some point the blinders come off and the coaches recognize who the best teams are - the coaches almost exclusively vote in players off of the top 4-6 playoff seeded teams (at the time) unless there's a one-man show holding up a team that's at least in contention.

That's why I think Devin Harris gets in but Jameer gets the shaft on this one. Rashard's competition (Caron Butler / Jamison / Granger) are all playing on terrible teams and some other guys you might think would be up there (R-Jeff / Josh Smith / Iguodala / Elton Brand / Marion) are all having down years. Rashard looks like a shoe-in to me.

can someone answer this for me? what does it mean with gortat getting 'kills'? is this a joke i'm not in on, or is this something for real? (i mean i know he's not taking anyone's life, but does it mean like a block, or a really hard foul??)

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

can someone answer this for me? what does it mean with gortat getting 'kills'? is this a joke i'm not in on, or is this something for real? (i mean i know he's not taking anyone's life, but does it mean like a block, or a really hard foul??)

I think its because they call him a "WARLOCK". He gets 10 kills and 20 virgins. I'm assuming its a warlock thing.