Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

I'd like to know

Why is it we can spend Trillions on wars and all that other crap but we can't take care of our own?

It would make sense to take care of our own first so we have more to help the rest of the world.

And I don't want to hear the crap that all the poor we have are lazy...

Maybe some of you haven't been there...

but I know as a fact your d* mned if you do or don't

As a country we now are complaining about not being able to deal with christmas presents...

To bad ...

Are we spoiled ?

Yes because we only think about how the rich can get richer and that's a fact of life.

There's alot of us that can't afford to go to a game because we were'nt educated enough

well guess what educated people your a** is on the line now

Keep spending your bucks on the rest of the world instead of investing it in ours

We aren';t a nation of idiots that don't care

Were just a nation that's run by a bunch of idiots

When was the last itme you helped an old lady across the street ?

I did it yesterday.

Why is it we can spend Trillions on wars and all that other crap but we can't take care of our own?

It would make sense to take care of our own first so we have more to help the rest of the world.

As a country we now are complaining about not being able to deal with christmas presents...

To bad ...

Are we spoiled ?

Yes because we only think about how the rich can get richer and that's a fact of life.

There's alot of us that can't afford to go to a game because we were'nt educated enough

Keep spending your bucks on the rest of the world instead of investing it in ours

I did it yesterday.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

There's some merit to this, at the same time, we haven't spent Trillions on the war, & people have to be willing to help themselves as well.

quote:

To bad ...

Are we spoiled ?

You're contradicting yourself here. It's "our" collective sense of entitlement that has allowed "us" to put luxuries on the same pedestal as necessities and lead to our individual & collective credit woes.

quote:

I gave away Magic tix. I'll see you in heavan.

quote:

Where are all these old ladies waiting to cross the street? You always here that expression. However, i've yet to be presented with that scenerio.

Other than that, I have no idea what's going on here.

quote:

We voted the Idiot's in the office. Doesnt that make us idiots to?

The fact is when people go to the voting polls, most people arent educated on who they are voting for. They vote for whatever party they are affilated with reguardless of what the politian stands for. That is one of the problems with this country.

quote:

To bad ...

Are we spoiled ?

I did it yesterday.

Sometimes helping other countries is helping ourselves as far as our country goes. Not really referring to this war, but alot of foreign policy descisions in the past weren't made so that we can be the global welfare agent. Descisions were made to help our country/economy/put in a US friendly govt.

I also have never helped an old lady cross the street, I did buy a homeless man a chicken sandwitch the other day.

Its kinda hard to discuss this without sounding like an ***.

Agree L4TW. But its not your responsibility to come on a website and list your good deeds to prove a point to a rambling post that makes little sense.

You don't have to prove yourself to anyone on this message board. No one does.

And if you wanna share, share. I doubt anyone will think less of you.

By Osprey:

quote:
Agree L4TW. But its not your responsibility to come on a website and list your good deeds to prove a point to a rambling post that makes little sense.

You don't have to prove yourself to anyone on this message board. No one does.

And if you wanna share, share. I doubt anyone will think less of you.

Could this be more contradicting of ones own quotes? Jack I rarely agree with you, (all that belief stuff) but on this post I could not agree more. YOu are one of the few in a sea of cynical people. Including me. But I do go out of my way to help the less fortunate. I do not blame people for their circumstances. Judge not lest ye be judged. I choose to judge the moneychangers.

And Kitno you claim to say that the Iraq war has not cost Trillions of dollars. You are wrong and a Nobel Peace prize winning economists agrees with me.

Our Christmas sermon at church this past week was based upon scripture from Galatians 6:2 which says "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the laws of Christ."

This single verse receives a lot of attention because it promotes selflessness and charity. However, furter along in Galatians, scripture tells us "Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load." " A man reaps what he sows."

Interpretation of these verses can be argued to death when applied to spirituality and human nature.

IMO, somewhere in the middle we can find a comfortable and equitable balance.

FFTL, has eagerly and repeatedly accused KITNO and myself of greedy, destructive practices because we have built successful businesses. he has done this with very little understanding of how much we use our resources to help those less fortunate than ourselves, employees, charities, etc.

It would be my suggestion that we all become more responsible, not just with our finances, but also in our criticism and judgement of others. In doing so, perhaps we would all become more willing to share what we have reaped with those indivisuals who haven't sowed as much through their efforts. (FFTL, have you ever stoped to consider how your anger filled words may discourage people from taking your side or even further, disputing your position through the suspension of their charitable actions?) I would also encourage all of us to promote plentiful sowing by no longer encouraging less fortunate individuals to lean heavily on their excuses that act as nothing more than crutches.

Ideally, the have nots would work harder and the haves would recognize that effort through benevolent acts of kindness.

However, what we currently are promoting is the have nots to sit back and collect handouts at the expense of the haves that have achieved through their hard work. Very few people ever get rich for no reason at all. And very few people are ever poor for no reason at all.

I'm currently reading a book entitled, "When the Game is Over, It All Goes Back in the Box" by John Ortberg.

It's directed at this very point - we all keep score, but only one relationship will matter in the end.

Good read.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

And Kitno you claim to say that the Iraq war has not cost Trillions of dollars. You are wrong and a Nobel Peace prize winning economists agrees with me.

The ONLY way people come to figures like this is to project arbitrary costs to society & our economy. The actual costs don't come anywhere near even the 1 trillion dollar figure!

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/costofwar_home

http://zfacts.com/p/447.html

I'm not defending or advocating the war, I've said repeatedly that I've been against it from day 1. But, facts are facts.