Sign in to follow this  
Coup000

comments from GP and CWebb on NBATV

New member, first post here. Great forum.

Anyways, I was watching NBA TV tonight and they mentioned a few things that I thought were interesting.

-They showed a graphic of 5 top MVP choices, Wade, Kobe, CP, LBJ and Rondo?!? They then went through who they liked and once they were done GP stopped them and said why is Rondo even on that graphic. He said Rondo is playing good and doing what he needs to do but that he is in no way a MVP candidate in any way. Also mentioned that it was disrespectful fro him to be on there over guys like Dwight and Joe Johnson. Webb and Rashad agreed, nice to know the Rondo hype machine hasn't taken over every analyst.

-GP also mentioned that he thinks Rashard should and will make the all star team this year.

-CWebb came out and called Gasol "light in the ***" which I thought was pretty hilarious.

New member, first post here. Great forum.

Anyways, I was watching NBA TV tonight and they mentioned a few things that I thought were interesting.

-They showed a graphic of 5 top MVP choices, Wade, Kobe, CP, LBJ and Rondo?!? They then went through who they liked and once they were done GP stopped them and said why is Rondo even on that graphic. He said Rondo is playing good and doing what he needs to do but that he is in no way a MVP candidate in any way. Also mentioned that it was disrespectful fro him to be on there over guys like Dwight and Joe Johnson. Webb and Rashad agreed, nice to know the Rondo hype machine hasn't taken over every analyst.

-GP also mentioned that he thinks Rashard should and will make the all star team this year.

-CWebb came out and called Gasol "light in the ***" which I thought was pretty hilarious.

The fact that someone somewhere decided to put Rajon Rondo on a top 5 MVP graphic is mind bottling. You know, like so crazy it bottles your mind?

NBA TV should fire the CG writer and whatever analyst created that crap.

Thank you Webber and Payton for not letting this go unnoticed.

rajon is not even the top pg in the east. Devin harris is even better.

Rajon is getting a lot of praise because of the celtics record. Rajon would be a different player on a different team.

Don't get me wrong, he is a good player, but not a great player and specially not a mvp type. He could be on the deffenive 2nd team behind paul. I will give him that for his defense.

I think nelson is playing just as good offensively as rajon is playing defensively; and offense normally gets the most hype. Nelson should be right next to rajon in the all star race. IMO

I saw the tail end of that, C-Webb was very complimentary of Rashard and was talking like Rashard's pretty much a shoe in to be chosen by the coaches because of the Magic record and how well Shard's playing.

I mentioned Rashard would get some all-star attention about a week ago.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/88910298...061022255#4061022255

If he keeps scoring 20+ and keeps his rebound average over 6, he's definitely a shoe in as our 2nd all-star.

Jameer has the disadvantage of less games played and a shorter time where he's been playing at this high level. That being said, if he keeps this up - and if we keep winning - I think we'll send 3 all-stars to the game for sure.

Rondo doesn't score enough to make the all-star game, nonetheless be the MVP of the league.

You know, you could make the argument if you really research it closely, that if the Celtics send 3 players it should be KG, then Pierce, and then Rondo, but not Ray Allen. He's turned into pretty much a one dimensional player for the Celtics. He's one of the two best ever at that dimension, but still.

And really other than D-Wade and Joe Johnson, I'm not sure any other shooting guards in the East deserve to even go to the All Star Game. This is the year of the point guard.

And by the way, I think C-Webb popped a blood vessel right there, LOL. NBA TV pwns ESPN, day in and day out.

I saw the show last night too and they also made an interview w/ Charles Barkley,and one of the questions was "who was your top 3 MVP choices this year so far?",Charles said Lebron,Wade, and Dwight Howard in that order. So I think that was really interesting. Its just nice to see the Magic finally getting the love they deserve.