Sign in to follow this  
Skywise316

Stock Meeting: Week Eight.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

So somehow, especially considering the competition he faced and how well he shot the rock, he managed to have his best week of an already great season to this point. Plus he deserves a Stock Up for a great interview post-Lakers on NBA TV alone, highlighted with Jameer admonishing Steve Smith for calling himself a part time point guard.)

I loved the exchange between Meer and Rick Kamla. It was something along the lines of:

Rick: "I've never seen you play this good!"

Meer: "I did, in college. I was National Player of the Year!"

Something like that. That was just awesome for me.

Great read as always, love to see all the cross references.

quote:

Gortat can hit mid-range jump shots?? He hit 3 this week! What the hell is going on around here!?)

I don't know why a lot of people are surprised for that, Marcin had a good mid-range jump shoot when he was still in Europe.

Probably the Magic are asking him for different things and high percentage shots, and for that reason we haven't seen him take a lot of jump shots, but he definitely has this kind of range.

Might even want to give a Stock Up to the fans for their enthusiasm, particularly in the Lakers game.

Good read as always, Sky.

Worst plays in Magic history.... Stephen Hunter's inbounds pass?

quote:

The Orlando Magic are presently 21-6 with a 4 game lead lead for 3rd place and for the top of the Southeast over ATL, 2 games back of Cleveland for 2nd in the East, and are now a mere half game back of the Lakers for the third best record in the entire league.

Nice read, Sky!

I think one thing that is in the bag is the third seed. I truly think that holding off Miami and Atlanta in the Southeast is a done deal. What is unfortunate is that fate has set up that potentially our finest season coincides with even better seasons from the Cavs and the Celtics. As nice as it would be to catch one of them, they are just playing too well (that says something, considering our record!).

So, it is likely a second-round matchup against the Cavs, with four games in Cleveland. But you know what, I would LOVE to watch that series!

I think one thing that is in the bag is the third seed. I truly think that holding off Miami and Atlanta in the Southeast is a done deal. What is unfortunate is that fate has set up that potentially our finest season coincides with even better seasons from the Cavs and the Celtics. As nice as it would be to catch one of them, they are just playing too well (that says something, considering our record!).

I wouldn't forget that we play them a few times this year. We should beat Cleveland more often than not, especially now that Jameer has the green light.

I just want to add one stock-down:

Peaches: This is not only because of the consistently pooor-looking shots he took in the Lakers game, but because of Bogans' intensity and CLee's offense. Courtney is turning into one of our highest percentage 3-point shooters and has been solid on defense. I know that he is still wearing a soft cast, but he averages 3-5 stupid shots a game.

quote:
Originally posted by Royal Bowie:

I wouldn't forget that we play them a few times this year. We should beat Cleveland more often than not, especially now that Jameer has the green light.

What's especially interesting about this is that we only face them 3 times this year, with 2 of them being here in Orlando.

Somethings really winding me up about Cleveland. This is just pasted from ESPN.

"LeBron James scored 31 points and gave out seven assists for the Cavaliers, who improved to 17-0 against teams with losing records by turning away the host Thunder 102-91."

Right so when its Cleveland, they improved to 17-0, yet if its Orlando, we have an easy schedule and haven't proved ourselves?

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

Great read as always, love to see all the cross references.

Gortat can hit mid-range jump shots?? He hit 3 this week! What the hell is going on around here!?)

Yes, Marcin hasthat shot for years, but for one reson he don