Sign in to follow this  
ivielma

Did we make the right moves (Pietrus, Dooling, Evans)?

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

quote:
Originally posted by gobucsmagic:

We won 60 games last year? I must have missed that

yea, 62 to be exact, but you get my point.

ummm 52 to be exact exact...

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

quote:
Originally posted by gobucsmagic:

We won 60 games last year? I must have missed that

yea, 62 to be exact, but you get my point.

ummm 52 to be exact exact...

i guess season + preseason + playoffs might = 62?

quote:
Originally posted by Caco:

quote:
Originally posted by DonReid'sScowl:

Truthfully, the only player I regret losing recently is Trevor Ariza.

The rest are just blah.

Yeah, Ariza and I would add Darko at a better price (4-5 mill a year would be ok). Darko never played under SVG. I think he would be awesome next to D12, both practicing for a full year together under SVG.

As much as I like Darko, I don't think he would be utilized well by SVG, & I don't think Darko would respond well to SVG's style of coaching.

Ariza wasn't a good fit either for SVG & while I find it hard to understand how a coach can't adapt to individual talent, I was fine with trading Ariza, I'm just not fine with the value we got for Ariza.

We would have been better off trading him for a 1 year rental of Mo Evans without Blarrity. Cook & his contract are a liability. We might as well have trading Ariza to Memphis for Brian Cardinal!

I liked more Mo Evans than anyone else that we lost in the past 3 years.

Ariza was also good, but Mo was a great player, and a cheap one I think by NBA standards.

It would be great to have him again...about Darko, he is the overpaid version of Gortat.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

As much as I like Darko, I don't think he would be utilized well by SVG, & I don't think Darko would respond well to SVG's style of coaching.

Well, I've only seen Darko play well when he is motivated. If he is not motivated, he is garbage. The best example is the serbian national team. He always plays extremely well in those tournaments.

SVG's coaching style could have had two effects on Darko. Either he started playing to his potential, and become veeery good (side by side with D12), or could become problematic and play like a scrub. (I have no idea if this sentence is well written, I forgot half of what I learned in my english classes...)

I would have taken the risk for 4-5 mill. It isn't relevant anyway since he was going for more money.

By the way he can play PF, unlike Gortat, who is a center.

Pietrus didn't have anything to do with Dooling or Evans salary cap wise.. Although obviously purely by personnel if you get Pietrus with the MLE, and draft Lee, then it didn't look good for Evans or Dooling when their contracts are up.

I'd still rather have Evans than Kebo, but again... his contract happened to up at a bad time as far as him staying on the team.

And I miss Dooling as a shooting guard, but not as a point guard whatsoever. He's a much steadier scorer than Anthony Johnson, but couldn't manage an offense effectively to save his life. Even on his worst days, at least A.J. can do that.

I think we're better off overall, but in the bigger picture the revolving guard door needs to stop so that way Dwight can finally get the help of a "young Tony Battie" that he so desperately needs down low, instead of Otis thinking we need backcourt help every new summer.

At least we got a TE for Dooling, but it's an open question whether that TE will ever be used wisely or not.