Sign in to follow this  
ivielma

Did we make the right moves (Pietrus, Dooling, Evans)?

I really would like to hear some of your opinions about this. Seeing how well we've been playing without Pietrius, do you really think the move to get him while losing Dooling and Evans was worth it. I often wonder had we resigned both players and deepened our bench with one or two more solid players even without possible trades (cook, JJ etc...we could come up with scenario's all day and night) would we be better off?

I really would like to hear some of your opinions about this. Seeing how well we've been playing without Pietrius, do you really think the move to get him while losing Dooling and Evans was worth it. I often wonder had we resigned both players and deepened our bench with one or two more solid players even without possible trades (cook, JJ etc...we could come up with scenario's all day and night) would we be better off?

Peaches will be healthy again and imo he is a better player then Mo. Lee will be if he isnt already a much better combo guard then dooling. As long as we make use of the trade exception and can find a way to move Cook JJ, and possibly Foyle for a young banger PF and a 2nd or 3rd string PG we will be in much much better shape then had we kept Mo and Dooling.

Short answer we are currently better without Dooling and Evans and can be much better because of the trade exception if used right. I was an Otis hater for awhile but ever since the decision to not keep Darko he has been looking smarter and smart to me. I think Marcin will step up big time thru the season and we could see a line up of something like this that makes us a much better team then last season

Starters:

Jameer Nelson

Mickael Pietrus

Hedo Turkoglu

Rashard Lewis

Dwight Howard

6th-8th(in no particular order)

Courtney Lee

Kieth Bogans

Marcin Gortat

9th - 11th

Tony Battie

Anthony Johnson/or signed PG

Signed Banger PF

12th - 15h

Who cares...

quote:
r

If you measure better by just the record, then yes we are better up to this point! If you measure better as better personnel than, yes we are better with what the individuals (MP, CL) have delivered to this point, and our future looks 5 X's better with these guys in the pitcure.

However, I did not like losing Dooling and Evans....well as you can see he was replaceable. A good guy, but replaceable.

quote:
Originally posted by InsideoutO:

Peaches will be healthy again and imo he is a better player then Mo. Lee will be if he isnt already a much better combo guard then dooling. As long as we make use of the trade exception and can find a way to move Cook JJ, and possibly Foyle for a young banger PF and a 2nd or 3rd string PG we will be in much much better shape then had we kept Mo and Dooling.

Short answer we are currently better without Dooling and Evans and can be much better because of the trade exception if used right. I was an Otis hater for awhile but ever since the decision to not keep Darko he has been looking smarter and smart to me. I think Marcin will step up big time thru the season and we could see a line up of something like this that makes us a much better team then last season

Starters:

Jameer Nelson

Mickael Pietrus

Hedo Turkoglu

Rashard Lewis

Dwight Howard

6th-8th(in no particular order)

Courtney Lee

Kieth Bogans

Marcin Gortat

9th - 11th

Tony Battie

Anthony Johnson/or signed PG

Signed Banger PF

12th - 15h

Who cares...

I agree with this totally, except something tells me AJ will be in the top 3 off the bench, though I do agree where he is as far as skill.

quote:
Originally posted by DonReid'sScowl:

Truthfully, the only player I regret losing recently is Trevor Ariza.

The rest are just blah.

Why is that? The trade was very underrated, we acquired perimeter depth and won 60 games, while Ariza was injured most of the season.

Sure he is blossoming as a defensive force off the bench, but we have too many people that play the SF anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by DonReid'sScowl:

Truthfully, the only player I regret losing recently is Trevor Ariza.

The rest are just blah.

Yeah, Ariza and I would add Darko at a better price (4-5 mill a year would be ok). Darko never played under SVG. I think he would be awesome next to D12, both practicing for a full year together under SVG.