Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[Game Thread]Lakers @ Magic 12/20

Good job guys, good hustle in 3rd and 4th quarters.

I am upset that the team has to keep us on our toes to the end. I was so afraid that there will be a slip up, Fisher +3, Bryant +2plus1 and that would be the game. We need to learn how to close out these games earlier by reducing our stupid mistakes in 4th quarters.

This Van Gundy is something man. He should definitely have his own comedy show. Does anyone notice how constipated he looks in the post game shows. It almost looks like he is having heartburn and gas backup the way he

speaks. Maybe he doesn't breath during the question-answer sessions?

MA

Our D in the 2nd half was outstanding.

LA was shooting 49% at half, ended up shooting 41%

LA had a 11 reb edge at half, ended up even

LA had 3 TO's at half, ended up with 9

Same story with Jameer, non-existant in the 1st half, amazing in the 2nd.

RaShedo Turkolewis are the unsung hero's tonight. Both played solid games and kept us alive in the first half until Jameer could take over the 3rd, & Dwight the 4th.

Big Props to Dwight for knocking down 4 str8 FT's at the end!

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Our D in the 2nd half was outstanding.

LA was shooting 49% at half, ended up shooting 41%

LA had a 11 reb edge at half, ended up even

LA had 3 TO's at half, ended up with 9

LA had 9 2nd chance pts. in the 1st half, only added 3 late in the 4th quarter after Lewis was mugged for an offensive board.

Same story with Jameer, non-existant in the 1st half, amazing in the 2nd.

RaShedo Turkolewis are the unsung hero's tonight. Both played solid games and kept us alive in the first half until Jameer could take over the 3rd, & Dwight the 4th.

Big Props to Dwight for knocking down 4 str8 FT's at the end!

NBA.com...

"Orlando's been the beneficiary of a generous schedule. They caught San Antonio on the second of back-to-back games, and enjoyed the same advantage against the Lakers. Los Angeles lost to Miami on Friday."

WHY!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Apparently ESPN isn't aware that most Western conference road trips through Florida do consist of back-to-back games with Miami and Orlando. Its been like that for years. Even the Spurs game wasn't that brutal. New Orleans is like a 3 hour flight. Its the NBA...if a team isn't ready to play these kinds of games they aren't going to be very good.

I also would like to know how the Magic have "benefited" from a schedule that had them play Utah, Portland, Phoenix, San Antonio, LA with games still to be played against New Orleans and I think Detroit this month.

Hey guys, I'm no fan of ESPN "analysis", but to give (de)credit when (de)credit is due: those write-ups are by the Associated Press, not by any of the ESPN writers. NBA.com uses the same one, as does the Sentinel until one of their writers can finish an article. So, blame the AP for inserting that comment, not ESPN... great win, though!!!

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

LOL playmaking???

Cmon we all know Jameer Nelson is a stud on the offensive but he isnt a playmaker for this team.

Yes he is. Hedo benefits from Jameer driving and kicking it out and Hedo's rep as a shooter leaves an easy extra pass for an open three. These games are actually pretty good evidence how amazingly overrated assists are because Hedo is getting more but CLEARLY not passing half as well as Jameer.

Why compare and compete our own guys? When they run the offense well, we win games, everybody goes home happy. Hedo has his strong points, and Jameer has his strong points. The good thing is they know how to play together well.

MA

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

LOL playmaking???

Cmon we all know Jameer Nelson is a stud on the offensive but he isnt a playmaker for this team.

Yes he is. Hedo benefits from Jameer driving and kicking it out and Hedo's rep as a shooter leaves an easy extra pass for an open three. These games are actually pretty good evidence how amazingly overrated assists are because Hedo is getting more but CLEARLY not passing half as well as Jameer.

This was the best game I have ever seen from our team, even know they were not hitting like they usually do.

Jameer Nelson is f---- unbelievable. he is playing unconscious, making some very good point guards look very average. He is doing a great job of forcing his will in this offense. The hell with the big 3, we are looking at the new big "4" in the NBA.

Defense was spectacular, I really thought we were going to become another poster child for Kobe.

We dug in dip and actually played like a real home team should.... Again, I might add (Spurs being our first).... the Lakers are the very good team, and they played great.... but we made stops when they had to be made.

And the best part.... we are not even healthy yet, we still have to give MP about 5 games to get back into the groove.

MP was playing pretty good before and started to become that defensive stopper, that we desperately need and hoped for.

The point is teams, NBA, ESPN, EVERY ONE....... they need to understand that if you keep sleeping on the Orland Magic, we are going to grab 3 - 5 Championships, before they even think about waking up.

I am so freaking happy I just don't even know what to say right now.

I can't wait to watch our Magic on Christmas day, where everyone around me is a Hornets fan.

...which, by the way, when the Magic come to New Orleans, I will be courtside for that one with my Magic shirt on.

I came close to the score and keys I guess icon_smile.gif How would I know that Kobe would shoot 60% from the floor?

MA

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

The keys for Magic victory will be:

Hustle defense, stop lane penetration and kick-outs, stop 3-point shooters, do not give offensive rebounds. Stop the bigs and the 3-point shooters, let Kobe play one-on-one.

Magic 105 - Lakers 100

MA