Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Kind of OT - Sign of a Deal? (Krstic to OKC)

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i am still holding out hope for collison. he seems to be the perfect piece for us. despite what kyler says. when was the last time he was right anyway?

what would OKC want? draft picks, prospects...

collison seems like a guy who would have a resurrection if he came here. imagine him next to dwight, shard at the three, turk off the bench manu style with pietrus locking down the other teams best wing player, and jameer doing what he do...

well considering that they wanted an expiring and 2 first rounders for Kurt Thomas, I could only imagine what they want for Collison, Smith or Wilcox...

They got one 1st round pick for Thomas last year.

that's what they got, but in terms of dealing with Orlando, that's not what they wanted from us, they wanted 2 firsts and an expiring, according to reports...least we forget Presti's ties to SAS...last season was the year of sweet heart deals...even though that's still a lot of KT...

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Woop, forgot Steven Hill, another big they have. Apparently he's homeless. Take a gander at his profile picture.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3477

For the record, that is 9 (10 if they sign Krstic) bigs to fill up a 15 man roster. Yeesh.

he's the guy i'd want in orlando

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djrlKxw1Vak

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Woop, forgot Steven Hill, another big they have. Apparently he's homeless. Take a gander at his profile picture.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3477

For the record, that is 9 (10 if they sign Krstic) bigs to fill up a 15 man roster. Yeesh.

he's the guy i'd want in orlando

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djrlKxw1Vak

Youtube is the greatest invention eva for scrub luv.

Let me turn this discussion a hair. Is Kristic worth that kind of money and should Otis have taken a chance on him? Before his injury a while back, he was considered an up and coming big.... I even recall some in the media saying he would become an all-star. Thoughts?

I dont think he is, he declined hard core after that injury...3 years 16m is a big contract IMO for a player that hasn't really played significant NBA minutes in a while and hasnt produced many results, not to mention a player that suffered a pretty serious injury...seems very high risk to me...

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Let me turn this discussion a hair. Is Kristic worth that kind of money and should Otis have taken a chance on him? Before his injury a while back, he was considered an up and coming big.... I even recall some in the media saying he would become an all-star. Thoughts?

Good point. I think he'll be worth it, but why would the Magic pay someone starter money to come off the bench? That wouldn't make sense.

with all the Nenad stuff going on, apparently there are talks of OKC buying out Joe Smith instead of trading him which I find really interesting...one bright light in him being waived, we don't have to worry about him signing with Boston, he absolutely hates KG...but that would be a very solid signing for us, especially if we can spare him until the playoffs...not that I think we end up signing him, but still...

I tend to agree with you, rtillaree. That's a lot of jack for a player with questionable health. Yet looking at LA and Boston, I still think we're a tough PF away from really competing in a 7 game series. The JJ and Fran mis-picks (if I can make up a word) are the difference between those two top teams and us right now.

Pre-injury, he was averaging 16 and 7 with a PER right around 17. My how quickly things can change.

For the record, I'd be okay with Collison as long as we shed some weight.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i am still holding out hope for collison. he seems to be the perfect piece for us. despite what kyler says. when was the last time he was right anyway?

what would OKC want? draft picks, prospects...

collison seems like a guy who would have a resurrection if he came here. imagine him next to dwight, shard at the three, turk off the bench manu style with pietrus locking down the other teams best wing player, and jameer doing what he do...

i dont think we need another big, why not get a better backup PG and let Gortat be the backup big?

We bring in collison and gortat is as good as gone after this season.