Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Kind of OT - Sign of a Deal? (Krstic to OKC)

quote:
Nenad Krstic is unhappy playing in Russia and has signed what is believed to be a three-year, $16 million deal to play for the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Nets (he's still a restricted free agent) received the offer sheet on Friday and have seven days to match, although all signs are pointing to them declining since they have no roster spot and a surplus of bigs. It sounds like it's nearly a guarantee that Krstic will be in OKC soon and could become the team's starter. Consider grabbing him if you're thin at center, but keep in mind he was only averaging 12 ppg in Russia.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2008/12/nj_nets_the_curly_conundrum_co.html

I may be reading too much into this, simply because I have no idea how OKC works, and they may be just fine with having Smith, Swift, Collison, Wilcox, Petro, Sene, Krstic, White, and Green in their bigs slots, while having 3 players between their 2 and 3 position (granted, one is Durant, but still)

But if it were me, I wouldn't like that.

i am still holding out hope for collison. he seems to be the perfect piece for us. despite what kyler says. when was the last time he was right anyway?

what would OKC want? draft picks, prospects...

collison seems like a guy who would have a resurrection if he came here. imagine him next to dwight, shard at the three, turk off the bench manu style with pietrus locking down the other teams best wing player, and jameer doing what he do...

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i am still holding out hope for collison. he seems to be the perfect piece for us. despite what kyler says. when was the last time he was right anyway?

collison seems like a guy who would have a resurrection if he came here. imagine him next to dwight, shard at the three, turk off the bench manu style with pietrus locking down the other teams best wing player, and jameer doing what he do...

well considering that they wanted an expiring and 2 first rounders for Kurt Thomas, I could only imagine what they want for Collison, Smith or Wilcox...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

well considering that they wanted an expiring and 2 first rounders for Kurt Thomas, I could only imagine what they want for Collison, Smith or Wilcox...

They got one 1st round pick for Thomas last year.