Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[ESPN] Chad Ford Chat @ 1PM

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Sorry Junkie. Rondo would not be the best substitution for Jameer in our system without overhauling his entire offensive game. Did you look at Rondo's shot chart? 149 of his 211 shots occur inside the paint.

Jameer in Boston though could still be quite effective.

No, I didn't look at it...and the games I've seen him play he seems adept at hitting the mid-range jumper...I still think with practice, any professional player can improve their stroke...he certainly seemed to nail quite a few in the Finals last year...I just love what he brings to the table defensively...so friggin' disruptive...I'd make it work, somehow, someway.

You should look at it...its scary when you see it that way. He can't make an outside shot to save his soul....

While I do agree that some players can improve their shot, not all can. Classic example, Shaw at the free throw line. How long has he been in the league? 100 years or so? No improvement.

If anyone could get a shot by practicing, teams would have all of their players working with shooting coaches 24/7 making sure all 15 guys would be deadly shooters. This is not the case.

He can, could improve, but we might never know how much.

Jameer is a better fit in our team.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

The Ariza thing was a guess...my co-worker is always tooting his horn and his highlight's are always being shown at NBA.com so I just assumed he was shooting better...thanks for the clarification.

28.6 from the arc...H-e-l-l Turk is only shooting 31%...he can make that better if he just buys a J.J. Redick shooting video...it's got a gaurantee on it, LOL.

Gotta run guys...

And Rondo having a good mid-range jumper? Was that a guess to? GM type decisions should be based on more than guesswork.

quote:

I've been looking for this since this morning. Finally found it. http://www.82games.com/0809/FGSORT7.HTM

Yo Junkie. You see whos name is at the top of the list for best jump shot FG% in the league?

Not Rondo. He shoots 21% on his jump shots.

You guys are not going to overlook this post. It took me all day to find this page again!

quote:

quote:

I've been looking for this since this morning. Finally found it. http://www.82games.com/0809/FGSORT7.HTM

Yo Junkie. You see whos name is at the top of the list for best jump shot FG% in the league?

You guys are not going to overlook this post. It took me all day to find this page again!

Should have said something, I have that bookmarked at the office.

quote:

I didn't realize Jameer led the league in jump shot percentage before i found that page. That's pretty friggin impressive.

Agree.

Look at position 10, one possible solution to PF problems... how much is good in rebounding?

And Okur is pretty impressive too.

Other interesting datas:

Turk= ,355%

T-Mac= ,305

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Rondo, steals the ball with the Magic down by 3 and the Magic get an extra possession with 2 seconds left. Lewis is out with an injury and Turk is being doubled. Does Rondo make that 3 to tie the game?

Nelson is in the game with 3 seconds left and the Blazers make a 3 to go up by 3. Lewis is out with an injury and Turk is being doubled. Does Nelson make that 3 to tie the game?

Sure, Nelson isn't the greatest defender, but he doesn't have to be in our system. People get by him and they have the big fella waiting to clean up the mess. Then, if they do get by him, Nelson has the ability to come back and even the odds. Rondo can't do that.

It's a sloppy point, but a point nonetheless.

That's actually quite unfair, what if Jameer were in Rondo's position with the opposing team up by 3 with the ball, does Jameer make the steal? I don't think so.

Regardless, I see your point. I don't even see how it's debatable whether Rondo is a better PG for our system then Jameer. He's clearly not, as if it hasn't already been made evident that he's rendered nearly useless if opponents play off of him. Honestly, I think that most here can agree that he's a product of the big three. It's those experts that declare Rondo "the heart of the team", or "what makes them go" that drives us nuts.

quote:

quote:

I always "thought" JN hit a solid % from the perimeter, but the stats don't lie, and its great to see it in writing.

Great find Smack.

You could make the argument that Jameer's a better fit for both Orlando's system and Boston's. Especially since Jameer's defense is better this season than in the past as well. I'd say he's up from a bad, matador defender to an average defender. Which for an offensive threat like him is a big deal. I think it's very close between the two of them, but by a slight margin I would still take Meer.

Yes, clearly we would of been better off draftin Rondo over Redick, or even Josh Boone over Redick, but hindsight's 20/20. If someone had suggested that before the '06 draft you would of been laughed right off the board.

There's at least 19 teams or so that passed on Rajon Rondo.