Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Cook_Phan

I can't wait for the trade deadline

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by NJ_MagicFan:

So assuming Collison is a possibility, what could be a possible time frame for getting him?

And how do we achieve that?

ASAP.

Unfortunately I doubt they want Cook. His contract doesn't expire and they already have too many big men (although with Wilcox and Swift out ?)

Anyway, I think you offer them a choice of either our TE or a first round pick combined with JJ & Foyle.

That allows them to get rid of Collison's 3 year contract and gives them either 5 million in expiring contracts with one prospect, or it gives them 1.2 million in expiring money with two prospects.

All that's left is for you to visit their message board and get their loyal fans on board... then it's a done deal!

That's how it works, right?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by NJ_MagicFan:

So assuming Collison is a possibility, what could be a possible time frame for getting him?

And how do we achieve that?

ASAP.

Unfortunately I doubt they want Cook. His contract doesn't expire and they already have too many big men (although with Wilcox and Swift out ?)

Anyway, I think you offer them a choice of either our TE or a first round pick combined with JJ & Foyle.

That allows them to get rid of Collison's 3 year contract and gives them either 5 million in expiring contracts with one prospect, or it gives them 1.2 million in expiring money with two prospects.

All that's left is for you to visit their message board and get their loyal fans on board... then it's a done deal!

That's how it works, right?

LOL

You'd think so listening to Junkie.

So I'm sure there is nothing behind this, but I read on wiretap over at RealGM about the Nuggets being interested in Cook (Really I think the writer just took the fact that Cook was unhappy and he is an "available PF".)

quote:

The Nuggets are looking to add depth in the frontcourt and reportedly are interested in New Jersey's Sean Williams, Philadelphia's Samuel Dalembert, and Orlando's Brian Cook.

Cook isn't too happy with his role with the Magic, but is a tad undersized at 6'8".

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56007/200812..._dalembert_and_cook/

Anyway, would anybody welcome a trade of Atkins/Kleiza for Cook/TPE. I read a report Kleiza is on his way out as well.

quote:
Nuggets forward Linas Kleiza was mentioned in trade rumors last season, and could hear murmurs once again as February's deadline approaches.

ESPN.com has reported that Kleiza could be possible trade bait for the Nuggets to land another big man.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56001/200812...kleiza_trade_coming/

Kleiza is 6-8, more of a small forward, but can grab some boards and hit the 3. Wouldn't be the worst trade in the world for the Magic.

Thoughts?

I'm not a big fan of Kleiza. He seems to have a pretty low basketball IQ, and besides, why would we need another SF?

Aside from Chucky, I honestly don't see anyone on the Nuggets worthwhile to trade for.

I think we're one of the best teams talent wise. Just for whatever reason be it coaching or bad luck (doubt it) we're not considered a contender because, most of the time the team doesn't play like it, even though the record is one of the best.

I actually think Orlando's trio of Howard, Turkoglu, and Lewis is a tougher matchup than KG/Pierce/Allen and Duncan/Ginobili/Parker.

All the Magic starter's (whatever lineup is used) can also shoot the 3. What I've seen that stop this team from being talked as a contender is their execution. The Magic's offensive sets are not set up properly therefore half of the time we see bad shots taken, not enough passing. ALso the roster management by Stan is subpar.