Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Cook_Phan

I can't wait for the trade deadline

I'm sure everyone will agree, while we'd like to THINK we're the best team in the NBA right now, we're not lol. We can definitely use some more players and glue guys.

Major consideration is another Point, and a BORN AND BRED Power Forward. I know lately Jameer's been playing solid since coming back from injury, and I hope he can do what he didn't before injury -- STAY CONSISTENT AND MAKE GOOD CHOICES. We need a bread and butter 4 guy in there, and by doing this, we can work WONDERS with our clientele for line-ups -- it can produce some interesting combinations. I hope Otis addresses these issues in his future moves, and I hope he makes some ASAP!

While things are going well with us right now, our bench isn't as developed as it should be (but that'll come with time), and there's ALWAYS room for improvement.

I love our squad, I'm proud to be a Magic fan as we're playing some good basketball as of late, in and out, but I know that every Magic fan knows we need some tweaks in order to be a legitimate, CONSISTENT competitor and contender.

quote:
Originally posted by Brian_Cook_Phan:

2008-2009 NBA Champions Starting Lineup:

Howard, Cook, Lewis, Turkoglu, Nelson

That is a rediculous lineup. Either you are joking or clueless. Brian Cook is a total bum and Turk can NOT play the 2.

I think people want a trade that will add depth, which we still need. We need a better backup PG at the very least. IMO we are fine at the wings and fine at the PF/C with Battie & Gortat, but Anthony Johnson as the only backup PG is a real problem.

quote:
quote:

That is a rediculous lineup. Either you are joking or clueless. Brian Cook is a total bum and Turk can NOT play the 2.

I think people want a trade that will add depth, which we still need. We need a better backup PG at the very least. IMO we are fine at the wings and fine at the PF/C with Battie & Gortat, but Anthony Johnson as the only backup PG is a real problem.

I think he is serios...but really, why is everyone so down on cook right now? Is it just me or is he playing really great off the bench the past few games? He's come in, played solid D, and hit some 3's. He hasnt done anything to hurt us when he is in the game.

One thing though...Cook should never dribble or move whatsoever with the ball. He has done that about once a game and it always ends up in a horrible shot or a TO. once he gets the ball he either needs to shoot or pass. Other than that once a game or so he has been a plus off the bench.

quote:

Why do you all want trades?

Aren't we one of the best teams?

No one would make us better.

That is quite the blanket statement. No one would make us a better team? This team is good but there are glaring weaknesses.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Engel:

quote:
quote:

I think he is serios...but really, why is everyone so down on cook right now? Is it just me or is he playing really great off the bench the past few games? He's come in, played solid D, and hit some 3's. He hasnt done anything to hurt us when he is in the game.

One thing though...Cook should never dribble or move whatsoever with the ball. He has done that about once a game and it always ends up in a horrible shot or a TO. once he gets the ball he either needs to shoot or pass. Other than that once a game or so he has been a plus off the bench.

Cook has been on this team for a year now, and in all but about 5 of those games, he has been either a liability or non factor. How anyone could defend this bum is beyond me.

As for his play of late, i dont know where great comes from. Hes been better than before. Id say at least lately he hasnt been falling flat on his face lately but...

quote:
Cook has been on this team for a year now, and in all but about 5 of those games, he has been either a liability or non factor. How anyone could defend this bum is beyond me.

As for his play of late, i dont know where great comes from. Hes been better than before. Id say at least lately he hasnt been falling flat on his face lately but...

We have been looking for someone to come off the bench and score all year. Cook is a guy that can come in the game and flat out shoot the ball. From what ive seen of him this year so far has been all you can ask from a bench player: he hustles, held his own on defense, and has provided some much needed scoring. What more do you want from him?