Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Cook_Phan

I can't wait for the trade deadline

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

We'll have the MLE to use next year regardless.

If we resign Turk I seriously doubt Otis uses it. So in a way I think Jareth is correct.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Ok, I know this would put us over the cap but, can the MLE be combined with any cap space we may have?

The MLE is only available to teams over the cap. Therefore, if you have cap space you won't have access to an MLE.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

If we resign Turk I seriously doubt Otis uses it. So in a way I think Jareth is correct.

With Bogans, Foyle, and Gortat all expiring...if we resign Hedo we'll be forced to use the MLE to fill out the remainder of the roster. Maybe not all in one lump sum, but they will definitely use it (even if broken down to afford 2-3 players). Only because I doubt we'll be able to fill 3-4 roster spots with vet mins.

quote:

quote:

With Bogans, Foyle, and Gortat all expiring...if we resign Hedo we'll be forced to use the MLE to fill out the remainder of the roster. Maybe not all in one lump sum, but they will definitely use it (even if broken down to afford 2-3 players). Only because I doubt we'll be able to fill 3-4 roster spots with vet mins.

But, assuming Otis kept one or all of the guys mentioned above, he could sign them to whatever deals he wanted, and still have the MLE, correct?

Since those players won't be highly targeted free agents, what he could do is identify a player to add to the roster using the MLE and then resign Bogans, Foyle or Gortat.

quote:

Since those players won't be highly targeted free agents, what he could do is identify a player to add to the roster using the MLE and then resign Bogans, Foyle or Gortat.

Hopefully Gortat... maybe Bogans if he is still here, assuming he would be the third SG. THat would leave the MLE to pick up a 4 or 5 to flush things out, plus our pick (either our own first round or one we aquire with our TE, or both).

Doesn't get my panties wet.

quote:

Maybe the more important question is why is Oklahoma's leading rebounder only getting 24 minutes a game? Is there something else there that we aren't seeing?

The Thunder are without a doubt the worst team in the league. This team already knows that they're done for the season, and they're refusing to give Collison sufficient minutes because they're building for the future.

They know that winning isn't a top priority for their franchise right now. They still have (for whatever reason) one of the most raucous and dedicated crowds in the NBA, who are quite honestly, already used to losing.

Because of this, Collison is underperforming due to his minuscule chances at getting to the playoffs, much less winning a championship. It isn't a question of self-motivation, he's clearly got heart, but why would any competitive basketball player, playing in his prime years, want to continue playing for a team whose problems outweigh their future promise?

You put this guy on the Magic, a title-contending team, with a fiery coach like SVG, and I guarantee you this guy becomes out big man version of Darrell.

quote:
Originally posted by NJ_MagicFan:

So assuming Collison is a possibility, what could be a possible time frame for getting him?

And how do we achieve that?

ASAP.

Unfortunately I doubt they want Cook. His contract doesn't expire and they already have too many big men (although with Wilcox and Swift out ?)

Anyway, I think you offer them a choice of either our TE or a first round pick combined with JJ & Foyle.

That allows them to get rid of Collison's 3 year contract and gives them either 5 million in expiring contracts with one prospect, or it gives them 1.2 million in expiring money with two prospects.