Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Cook_Phan

I can't wait for the trade deadline

I wouldn't mind seeing a trade for some depth, but nothing huge is going to happen. That's not the Otis way. If it's another bad playoff exit, then we can start about aggressively re-tooling the team.

quote:
Originally posted by NJ_MagicFan:

I know lately Jameer's been playing solid since coming back from injury, and I hope he can do what he didn't before injury -- STAY CONSISTENT AND MAKE GOOD CHOICES.

Dude, no disrespect, but Jameer has been playing TERRIFIC even before his injury. You must have the preseason in mind, he was indeed awful then. You must watch the games yourself, don't let other people's blind perceptions about a player cloud your thoughts.

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

quote:
Originally posted by NJ_MagicFan:

I know lately Jameer's been playing solid since coming back from injury, and I hope he can do what he didn't before injury -- STAY CONSISTENT AND MAKE GOOD CHOICES.

Dude, no disrespect, but Jameer has been playing TERRIFIC even before his injury. You must have the preseason in mind, he was indeed awful then. You must watch the games yourself, don't let other people's blind perceptions about a player cloud your thoughts.

I really think that Meer has been the most consistent player not named Dwight until know.

BTW, Magic Berto, your new sig is wonderful!!!

berto, no disrespect taken brother lol and since I live in NJ, I can't watch all of the games, but I do watch clips and keep up to date on ESPN'S GAMECAST during any games played, and before his injury, I don't think Jameer was playing well enough to be considered SOLID, as his performances as of late have been...

I remember when Stan had to give him a talking to due to inconsistency and wavering energy levels in November.

But that's water under the bridge. He's playing GREAT as of late, and we can only hope things keep going well for him! I like his play a lot!

How good of a team were we in the regular season last year? What was missing last year in the Det series? How are Bos and Cle similar to Det? What are we still missing that we were missing in the Det series? Has anyone changed the rules so that a team getting out of the 1st round gets an NBA title?

Come on Marc. Isn't winning 50 games enough for you? What more can you ask for out of a small market team that signed a duplication of talent to one of the richest contracts in NBA history and then consequently refuses to exceed the LT? What kind of team did you expect Orlando to field when they flopped two consecutive years in the draft with lottery picks?

50 wins should be good enough you ungrateful bass-turd!

Note: Sarcasm

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Come on Marc. Isn't winning 50 games enough for you? What more can you ask for out of a small market team that signed a duplication of talent to one of the richest contracts in NBA history and then consequently refuses to exceed the LT? What kind of team did you expect Orlando to field when they flopped two consecutive years in the draft with lottery picks?

50 wins should be good enough you ungrateful bass-turd!

Note: Sarcasm

Sarcasm noted... but, and I beleive this whole heartedly, the mandate to remain under the LT will not last. I think we will break it to retain Hedo, and after the seal is broken, the focus will not be the LT, but the Championship.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Sarcasm noted... but, and I beleive this whole heartedly, the mandate to remain under the LT will not last. I think we will break it to retain Hedo, and after the seal is broken, the focus will not be the LT, but the Championship.

Which is fine, but the Magic mantra of "wait til next year" is growing old.

Every Summer management, players and fans make the bold prediction that this is our year. Half way through the season when ourweaknesses that went unaddressed during the off-season and during the season, become more glaring against the teams favored to make the Finals, we revise our prediction to include the following year when we will finally take our rightful place atop the league.

Just once I would like to see management make a bod move that parallels their bold predicitons. Lets make the Finals this year dammmit!

IMO, we're only a bruising big man with a jump shot away.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Which is fine, but the Magic mantra of "wait til next year" is growing old.

Every Summer management, players and fans make the bold prediction that this is our year. Half way through the season when ourweaknesses that went unaddressed during the off-season and during the season, become more glaring against the teams favored to make the Finals, we revise our prediction to include the following year when we will finally take our rightful place atop the league.

Just once I would like to see management make a bod move that parallels their bold predicitons. Lets make the Finals this year dammmit!

IMO, we're only a bruising big man with a jump shot away.

I agree completely, but...and this is a big "but", but what if we get that guy for the price of say Bogans/1st/Cook. Does that put us in a worse position then we are in now as far as depth and future development (with the 1st)?

quote:

IMO, we're only a Nick Collison away.

Fixed.

Jareth, if that first equals a young big like Collison then we have picked up a known quantity with our first round pick. I know if I had the option of selecting him at 22 I would do it in a heartbeat.