Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

Keith Bogans' Game

over the past few games, i've been seeing some shining qualities of Bogans, he has great and sometimes outstanding defense for the first three quarters. his offense is very suspect during the first quarters of almost every game. when he drives, it's probably a miss, he shoots the three terrible when near a defender and he is likely one of the slowest players on the team. BUT, for some odd reason, Keith TURNS IT ON in the last minutes of the 4th. He's automatic for the big shot in the finishing moments and he hustles more than everyone on the floor. The only thing i see as a minus for Bogans in the 4th is his defense. He is likely matched up against the opposing team's scorer and gets taken advantage of. But anyways, whenever i see Bogans shoot a three in the 1st half, i think it's a miss, but in the fourth quarter, i think it's ice water. other thoughts?

over the past few games, i've been seeing some shining qualities of Bogans, he has great and sometimes outstanding defense for the first three quarters. his offense is very suspect during the first quarters of almost every game. when he drives, it's probably a miss, he shoots the three terrible when near a defender and he is likely one of the slowest players on the team. BUT, for some odd reason, Keith TURNS IT ON in the last minutes of the 4th. He's automatic for the big shot in the finishing moments and he hustles more than everyone on the floor. The only thing i see as a minus for Bogans in the 4th is his defense. He is likely matched up against the opposing team's scorer and gets taken advantage of. But anyways, whenever i see Bogans shoot a three in the 1st half, i think it's a miss, but in the fourth quarter, i think it's ice water. other thoughts?

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

The ice is Nyce...

but with a little more effort he could become the FREEZE.

Not everything for a players is effort, players have certain capabilities. Don't get me wrong effort is important, but pure effort is not gonna give him speed, athleticism and abilities he doesn't have.

quote:

The ice is Nyce...

If only I had any idea what you just said....

BELIEVE

quote:

The ice is Nyce...

I don't think so. I think Bogans is what he is... he has embraced his roll as a defensive presence/spot up shooter. This has led to a decrease in his turnovers, increase to his 3pt shooting percentage, and an overall increase to his effectiveness on this team.

Once Pietrus gets back, and C Lee gets up to speed, I think Bogans will end up 3rd on the list of SG's.

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

quote:

The ice is Nyce...

Not everything for a players is effort, players have certain capabilities. Don't get me wrong effort is important, but pure effort is not gonna give him speed, athleticism and abilities he doesn't have.

You lost your BELIEVE

Yeah, I mentioned this in last nights gamethread. During the fourth, I've never been more comfortable with someone taking an open shot then with Bogans. If anyone wondered why SVG chose to go with him over MP, this is why.

Still, I'd rather have Pietrus get used to these moments. His shooting during the final moments of that Dallas game was incredible.

Oh, and uhhh....

BELIEVE!!!

I always thought ice and freeze were the same thing. I guess I'm not believing hard enough.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

The ice is Nyce...

I don't think so. I think Bogans is what he is... he has embraced his roll as a defensive presence/spot up shooter. This has led to a decrease in his turnovers, increase to his 3pt shooting percentage, and an overall increase to his effectiveness on this team.

Once Pietrus gets back, and C Lee gets up to speed, I think Bogans will end up 3rd on the list of SG's.

I agree with everything you said, although Bogans is still needed at times at the SF, too.

Energy and intensity means everything for Bogans. When he brings it, he brings it on both ends and the opponents are in trouble.

I think in the past 2-3 games he's really picked it up yet another notch.