Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

The Oden and Howard Debate - Hoopsworld

quote:
How was it going up against Dwight Howard?

"He's strong. That's all you can really say," a melancholy Oden said after his Blazers fell in a heartbreaker at home to the Orlando Magic.

"He's one of the best for a reason. Whenever you go up against somebody that strong and good you are always going to take something from it."

It was their first head-to-head meeting. The rookie versus Superman. One down. Many more to come. While Howard got the best of Oden on this night in Portland - Howard finishing with 14 points and 7 rebounds and two point and one rebound by Oden

quote:
How was it going up against Dwight Howard?

"He's strong. That's all you can really say," a melancholy Oden said after his Blazers fell in a heartbreaker at home to the Orlando Magic.

"He's one of the best for a reason. Whenever you go up against somebody that strong and good you are always going to take something from it."

It was their first head-to-head meeting. The rookie versus Superman. One down. Many more to come. While Howard got the best of Oden on this night in Portland - Howard finishing with 14 points and 7 rebounds and two point and one rebound by Oden

quote:
going to take

There is no comparison. Although Dwight was very raw, still is somewhat, he could rely on his athleticism to get offensive rebounds for put back dunks. This does not occur for Greg "Old Man". Another thing, D12 could rebound the second he walked on the court.

I think Oden is going to turn into one of the most overhyped players in NBA history. I just don't see the athletism a 20 year old should have. Portland is much better team when he is out of the lineup.

If he was not a #1 pick, most coaches would have him sitting at the end of the bench until he earns his minutes in practice.

I doubt Oden's rookie year even compares to Dwight's when all is said and done, he's going to have to pull in some much bigger numbers starting immediately for the years to match up.

Remember, Dwight started every game but one as a rookie. Oden's already behind, and this team has many MANY more scoring options ahead of him, even off the bench.

IMO Aldridge is and always will be the best big man on the Blazers.

i'd sooner compare how good dwight versus lemarcus aldridge, i mean they have different types of games, but they are both very important to their team's success, and if they ended up on the same team then it would be a whole new world of sick. lemarcus, take a pay cut and come to orlando if you want 10 plus rings... alright i'm being insane, i'll stop now.

the rookie year comparison really doesn't even matter. Look how dwight looked in his first season compared to now...night and day to say the least. Oden will not add all the strength, speed and agility that dwight has. Also, oden is a walking injury, dwight has yet to miss a game *knocks on wood*

besides, oden hasn't been the same since he took a bullet to the knee during the war or 1812.