Sign in to follow this  
BRich

Wizards Trying To Steal Our PG (and put us out of our misery)

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Put us out of our misery?

...That was an overreaction.

I actually had a dream about him coming to Orlando a little while back. Maybe its just out of my own misery.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Has 'Meer seriously been playing badly this year? Are you guys watching a different team than I am?

No - Jameer has been fantastic. I'm very pleased with him thus far.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Has 'Meer seriously been playing badly this year? Are you guys watching a different team than I am?

We're talking about backup PG.

AJ was pretty good when 'Meer was out, too. I remember winning a few of those games.

I wouldn't mind having someone younger and taller, but AJ hasn't exactly cost us any games.

Dwight needs help more than our backcourt does, though: I want to see a trade for a PF. Bruiser who doesn't care about scoring and just wants to make people look stupid by swatting their shot.

I wonder if Noah would play better back in sunny Florida?

quote:
Wizards Close to Three-Team Trade

According to a league source with knowledge of the situation, the Wizards, New Orleans Hornets and Memphis Grizzlies are closing in on a three-team trade involving Hornets PG Mike James.

Antonio Daniels is the player the Wizards would trade as part of the deal. He came to VC for practice today. The Wizards have been in trade discussions with Memphis regarding their G Javaris Crittenton.

It's possible that the Wizards and Grizzlies brought in a third team (New Orleans) in order to facilitate a trade involving Crittenton. The Grizzlies want to get back the conditional first round pick they sent to the Wizards for Juan Carlos Navarro's rights. The Hornets would like to upgrade their backup PG spot and feel that James is more of a scoring guard. He hasn't played recently after losing time to Devin Brown. Crittenton, a former first-round pick, is also out of the rotation in Memphis.

A deal is expected to be officially announced in the next few hours. Stay tuned. ...

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I'm sure Memphis' future outstanding 1st owed to Washington is more valuable than a 2009 1st from Orlando.

But, I find Otis' refusal to make this happen frustrating. A young, back court tandem of Lee & Crittenton would give us 2, 6'5 ish, athletic guards off the bench.

I've seen J-Crit play live & I'm really struggling to imagine who we could land in the draft next year that is A) Better B) More Talented C) Has more long term potential & D) a better compliment to Jameer.

Every PG in the draft is a midget like Jameer except Maynor. It's highly questionable that he's a better prospect than Crit & there's zero guarantee he'll be there.

I don't see trading a future 1st for a 21 year old as trading a draft pick, but rather making it 6 months early.

Nick Calathes is 6'5, but I see what your saying, but then again Otis might be looking to draft a PF this summer.

Calathes isn't a very good player (NBA). I have significant experience playing against him and he tends to get beaten by more athletic guards. This was true in elementary school when i played against him. This was true in middle school when i played against him. This was true in high school when I played against him. This was true last weekend when FSU beat UF.

Now don't get me started on Chandler Parsons.

Well David Thorpe think he's a NBA talent, and I'll take his advice over your anyday.

Look at his game and tell me how it will translate into the NBA. He routinely will get beat by faster more athletic guards. OH WOW hes 6-6 and a point guard!!! Its too bad he weighs like 12 lbs and cant post up.

He's a good college guard but if Gerry McNamara cant stick with the NBA Calathes has no shot. You heard it here first.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm sure Memphis' future outstanding 1st owed to Washington is more valuable than a 2009 1st from Orlando.

But, I find Otis' refusal to make this happen frustrating. A young, back court tandem of Lee & Crittenton would give us 2, 6'5 ish, athletic guards off the bench.

I've seen J-Crit play live & I'm really struggling to imagine who we could land in the draft next year that is A) Better B) More Talented C) Has more long term potential & D) a better compliment to Jameer.

Every PG in the draft is a midget like Jameer except Maynor. It's highly questionable that he's a better prospect than Crit & there's zero guarantee he'll be there.

I don't see trading a future 1st for a 21 year old as trading a draft pick, but rather making it 6 months early.

Nick Calathes is 6'5, but I see what your saying, but then again Otis might be looking to draft a PF this summer.

Calathes isn't a very good player (NBA). I have significant experience playing against him and he tends to get beaten by more athletic guards. This was true in elementary school when i played against him. This was true in middle school when i played against him. This was true in high school when I played against him. This was true last weekend when FSU beat UF.

Well David Thorpe think he's a NBA talent, and I'll take his advice over your anyday.

Look at his game and tell me how it will translate into the NBA. He routinely will get beat by faster more athletic guards. OH WOW hes 6-6 and a point guard!!! Its too bad he weighs like 12 lbs and cant post up.

He's a good college guard but if Gerry McNamara cant stick with the NBA Calathes has no shot. You heard it here first.

Like I said before, I'll take Thorpe advice over your anyday.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Like I said before, I'll take Thorpe advice over your anyday.

I bet thorpe wanted us to pick Okafor over Howard too.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

looks like this deal might be nixed, Wizards are supposedly close to deal for Mike James from the Hornets...

Wizards Close to Three-Team Trade

According to a league source with knowledge of the situation, the Wizards, New Orleans Hornets and Memphis Grizzlies are closing in on a three-team trade involving Hornets PG Mike James.

Antonio Daniels is the player the Wizards would trade as part of the deal. He came to VC for practice today. The Wizards have been in trade discussions with Memphis regarding their G Javaris Crittenton.

It's possible that the Wizards and Grizzlies brought in a third team (New Orleans) in order to facilitate a trade involving Crittenton. The Grizzlies want to get back the conditional first round pick they sent to the Wizards for Juan Carlos Navarro's rights. The Hornets would like to upgrade their backup PG spot and feel that James is more of a scoring guard. He hasn't played recently after losing time to Devin Brown. Crittenton, a former first-round pick, is also out of the rotation in Memphis.

A deal is expected to be officially announced in the next few hours. Stay tuned. ...

quote:

Calathes, his set shot, and slow feet were born about 30 years too late for the NBA. I've seen multiple scouting reports compare him to Hinrich. Do these people realize Hinrich has been 2nd team all defense in the NBA? That's like comparing Dennis Scott to James Worthy.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

What bothers me is the guy might be traded for just a draft pick? That's it? I know things are not so easy and simple, but why can't we get him for a draft pick, or an expiring contract or something...

Its not that I like the guy or that I want him here, its just that for once it would be nice if the Magic where the recipients of a deal like this...

I mean the last one I can think of was the Darko/Arroyo for Cato deal, that was good for us. But if we think about it, where is our scrubs for KG, or crap for Gasol deal?

Him coming to the division doesn't bother me at all. The Wiz are horrible this year.

This is just my opinion but I think Otis is shy to trade for any PG that is young like Critt for one big reason and that is Jameer Nelson. Jameer is Otis's guy and as soon as he trades for a big guard like Critt. every fan and pundit will be saying he should start over the short Jameer and Jameer should come off the bench. Maybe this is Otis's problem to his on fault because he never lets go of his faith in guys. But it is what it is and it is probably a big reason why Travis had to go to. Same reason carlos went as well. Otis does not want another PG on the team that has the potential to start over Jameer. Carlos had the PR fans yelling about it all the time. Travis had his supporters like JJ does. WIth Critt and Dwight being such good friends there would be no doubt a potential rift between Dwight/Jameer/Critt. Not to mention the kid is a straight up baller and would really make a case many nights to play ahead of Jameer and let Jameer be our scoring off the bench. But Jameer makes 8 million per year so no way that will ever happen.