Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

New Nickname for Courtney Lee!!... [realgm forums]

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Soooooooo.....does this make Jameer err..ummm "MIGHTY MOUSE"??

That's Damon Stoudamires nickname - or was anyways.

P.S. - Ya'll aren't gonna know what to do with Dahbeed postin' on here now!

I don't think we have seen enough to earn him a nickname yet, but I would have to lean towards Jet Lee. Barbosa is about the only guy in the league who accelerates on drives faster than Lee.

I LOVED watching this guy play at Western. I knew he was a special player, for our level, and am somewhat surprised at his immediate success in the league. He is flat-out filthy on defense, and when he decides to drive the lane, he is as strong as anyone his size. He is not a great spot-up shooter, but I have seen him get in that zone as well. He's selfless, he's a great team player and teammate. I'm glad to see he is taking full advantage of his PT and his opportunity there at Orlando. He deserves it. And I'm glad to see that you all have taken to him so well. Of course it helps to be winning...

I'll be on here on and off checking on my boy. Orlando now has literally thousands of more fans due to CLee. Thousands! LOL! But I'm glad to be one of them. Here's hoping he cracks the starting lineup as a rook-

T-O-P-S TOPS! TOPS! TOPS!

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I don't like it. I don't have a better option either. I just don't get why we "the basketball community" always has to give players a nickname.

Why?

Why can't he just be CLee, or Courtney, or Lee..

Yeah, lets use the ultra original idea of calling someone the first letter of their first name and the first 3 of their last. GREAT IDEA. I think we are at the point where thats actually less original than calling them by their first name.