Sign in to follow this  
gporter

Howard Shows He Has The Superhero (And Villain) Stuff -ESPN (Adande)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-081209

nba_g_dhoward_576.jpg

quote:
His numbers are becoming more and more ridiculous. In Orlando's 95-88 victory over the Clippers Monday night Howard had his third double double-double of the season (that's at least 20 points and 20 rebounds) and second in as many games, with 23 points and 22 rebounds. Oh yeah, he also had six blocked shots and four assists.

One sequence in the Magic's comeback victory showed just how easily Howard can take over a game in so many ways. First he elevated to eye-at-the-rim level to throw down an alley-oop dunk. At the other end he discouraged an Al Thornton layup, then collected the rebound. He ran down to the low post, caught the ball, backed down Marcus Camby, drew two more defenders and passed out to an open Keith Bogans for a 3-pointer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-081209

nba_g_dhoward_576.jpg

quote:
His numbers are becoming more and more ridiculous. In Orlando's 95-88 victory over the Clippers Monday night Howard had his third double double-double of the season (that's at least 20 points and 20 rebounds) and second in as many games, with 23 points and 22 rebounds. Oh yeah, he also had six blocked shots and four assists.

One sequence in the Magic's comeback victory showed just how easily Howard can take over a game in so many ways. First he elevated to eye-at-the-rim level to throw down an alley-oop dunk. At the other end he discouraged an Al Thornton layup, then collected the rebound. He ran down to the low post, caught the ball, backed down Marcus Camby, drew two more defenders and passed out to an open Keith Bogans for a 3-pointer.

OMFG! I had to save this picture to my computer and also put it as my background. Camby's face...........timeless. A huge chunk of the Clipper's crowd with their mouths open in fear............timeless.

Look at how may people are oblivious as to what is going on...

Starting at the top right, behind the rail, it looks like two girls cuddling over popcorn, dissinterested in the game.

Below them, a blonde girl looking in the complete opposite direction.

Up and to the right, a lady in red who has found something obviously more intetesting in the stands (more on this in a moment).

Down and to the right a lady(?) in grey looking at half court for some reason.

Up to the right, and hard to tell for sure, looks like a blonde woman looking toward half court as well.

Behind her and her male friend, (this is what the lady in red was watching) are another lady in red, and a balding man in a black shirt that are both turned around looking at the guy behind them that probably just dumped his beer on them.

Beer dropper is not watching the play either, no is the man to the right.

Further to the right, and down to the first row is a white haired man in a tan polo who has his head turned in the right direction, but he is watching something further to the right in the pic (his left).

Look through the box on the backboard to see two guys looking at the beer spilling spectacle as well.

Finally, bottom right corner, is another girl (maybe?) texting on her phone.

One second later, all of these people simultaneaously turn around and say "What did I just miss?"

Oh, missed the little boy in red, all the way on the left, either texting or playing Nintendo DS.

What a classic picture. Goukas' grin, Steele going like "OOOoooohhhh DAAAM!", Camby looking like "Glad I ain't getting posterized on THIS one!", the Clips fans in horror. Great stuff, new background.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Look at how may people are oblivious as to what is going on...

Starting at the top right, behind the rail, it looks like two girls cuddling over popcorn, dissinterested in the game.

Below them, a blonde girl looking in the complete opposite direction.

Up and to the right, a lady in red who has found something obviously more intetesting in the stands (more on this in a moment).

Down and to the right a lady(?) in grey looking at half court for some reason.

Up to the right, and hard to tell for sure, looks like a blonde woman looking toward half court as well.

Behind her and her male friend, (this is what the lady in red was watching) are another lady in red, and a balding man in a black shirt that are both turned around looking at the guy behind them that probably just dumped his beer on them.

Beer dropper is not watching the play either, no is the man to the right.

Further to the right, and down to the first row is a white haired man in a tan polo who has his head turned in the right direction, but he is watching something further to the right in the pic (his left).

Look through the box on the backboard to see two guys looking at the beer spilling spectacle as well.

Finally, bottom right corner, is another girl (maybe?) texting on her phone.

One second later, all of these people simultaneaously turn around and say "What did I just miss?"

Oh, missed the little boy in red, all the way on the left, either texting or playing Nintendo DS.

Maybe you got too much time in your hands...

Maybe you should be a short story writer... "The Greatest Unlooked Play"

I guess I can view the article when I get home tonight. Anyway, Howard is officially a super beast now. Hope he keeps on that. He's leading the league in rebounds and blockes, put up a triple-double with 10 blocks and what's even scarier, he made 4 assists.

If he develops that passing ability this will get messy.

i almost craped myself when i saw him go that strong. I havent seen this side of dwight in a looooooong time. This is how he needs to play, fearce and powerful. I only wish that would have went in.

The hard fouls are getting way out of control on dwight, he almost smashed his head into the floor at full force after that neck drag randolf did to him. we are just lucky dwight put on so much muscle cause his shoulder coushined that fall and his head literaly came half an inch away from the floor. He would have been out cold. This crap needs to stop.

I was glad to see cook give em one back on there best player though. I must say, it sounds evil and im sorry. But you see how dwight took it with no problem just kinda laughed it off, but barron was ready to fight.

quote:
Tommaco: This is how he needs to play, fearce and powerful. I only wish that would have went in.

...it did. go in that is.

quote:
MilitaryMagic

What a classic picture. Goukas' grin, Steele going like "OOOoooohhhh DAAAM!"

hah that was the first thing i noticed too.