Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

NBA chat with a Coach(Mike Moreau)...not a writer(12:00)

I am a sports fan, and in St Louis, they only talk about the Cardinals, thus I know about them. However, I do not claim them as my own, as I grew up in Orlando, attending games at Tropicana Field, watching Wade Boggs and Fred McGriff. Thus, I claim the World Series runner-up the Rays as my own. (This has become the default answer, so as to avoid bandwagon claims).

Short answer: No, not a Cards fan.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

I am a sports fan, and in St Louis, they only talk about the Cardinals, thus I know about them. However, I do not claim them as my own, as I grew up in Orlando, attending games at Tropicana Field, watching Wade Boggs and Fred McGriff. Thus, I claim the World Series runner-up the Rays as my own. (This has become the default answer, so as to avoid bandwagon claims).

Short answer: No, not a Cards fan.

Lol, Yeah i got ya... as you can see i'm now living in tampa so i get a lot of people tryin to convince me to change eligences... and as us true sports fans know thats just not possible... glad to see your not a stinkin card fan... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Tyler in St. Louis, MO:

Courtney Lee worked out with you guys this summer at IMG. He has been playing well - his defense is outstanding! What kind of career could we expect from him? Quality starter? Monta Ellis-esque 6th man? Future wingman for Dwight?

Mike Moreau:

All of the above. He's not only talented, but has great character, humility and appreciation for what he has, as well as a work ethic and coachability that is a model for every young player coming into the league. Dwight's got his back, and with time, Courtney will have his.

Monta Ellis? I don't see the comparision at all. Pro or Con.

I am a stinkin Cards fan and have been one since I was 10. You being a Cubs fan have a legitimate right to hate Cardinal fans since the Cubs can't even sniff the Series and the Cardinals have won it Oh, I don't know how many times is it? Oh, yeah more than the Lowly Cubs.

being from florida and being a baseball fan pre marlins and rays, u know its all about them braves! worst to first! mark avery, john smoltz, tom glavine and the greatest pitcher of the modern era greg maddux! tomahawk chop, go braves!

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

I would venture to say Moreau's strength isn't assembling a team, but assessing skills and match-ups.

His talk about Little Country (Spider-Man) was very good.

two horrible nicknames BTW...

i agree

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

I am a stinkin Cards fan and have been one since I was 10. You being a Cubs fan have a legitimate right to hate Cardinal fans since the Cubs can't even sniff the Series and the Cardinals have won it Oh, I don't know how many times is it? Oh, yeah more than the Lowly Cubs.

+1

Cubs suck! Cards rule! It may sound childish, but I'm dead serious!

first of all, LOL..

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Paul in Gainesville, Fla.:

J.J. Redick has gotten many minutes lately. First, give an honest asessment of his game(shooting, defense etc.) He has now been replaced as a starter for our Western trip, how do you see his role the rest of the season? His future with the Magic?

Mike Moreau:

We've been around and around on this one for the last two weeks, Paul. Honest assessment? Can shoot, can't guard, won't change, small role, no Magic in his future.

Not a good assessment really

The purpose of this thread is clear, show a comment by some coach/writer who obviously hasn't been watching the Magic so the threadstarter feels comfort for his hate for one of our players.

Messed up in the head/get a life is all I have to say.

quote:
Originally posted by futuremg:

It s nice to see you back junkie/smack. You talk about a fairweather fan!!! Only when you two boys get the print you come back. Your strange bird. What happens when they get benched again? Go away? Mike Moreau???? Dif deeper maybe you can find someone with an opinion that counts. Surely not yours, his or mine.

you said the obvious

and I'm still laughing at Mike Moreau's idea of the Magic only making a roster move to be able to get into the "Cleveland class"

rofl

his comment about Otis having to be careful of "taking away a key element and adding a foreign object" doesn't ring as very smart to me.

NBA players are NBA players. If you upgrade your talent you'll be better. Teams/GMs who know what they're doing aren't afraid to make moves. LA, Detroit, Boston, etc. would still be mediocre teams if they didn't make moves to get better and stay contenders.