Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Josh Smith:

I think there was a rumor he wanted to sign with us this past summer but we had no money to offer him. Also, don't think Otis was interested.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

I think there was a rumor he wanted to sign with us this past summer but we had no money to offer him. Also, don't think Otis was interested.

we would have been NASTY on defense. top three in the league. i mean wow. if we didn't sign Lew for an arm and a leg... im not goin there again tho.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

we would have been NASTY on defense. top three in the league. i mean wow. if we didn't sign Lew for an arm and a leg... im not goin there again tho.

...As I recall it was us, the Cavs, and Rockets actively trying to get Rashard and we won by paying a huge contract. While this contract was enormous and he may never live up to the money we paid him, I am sure that in two years when Lebron leaves Cleveland, Cavs fans will be so unbelievabally jealous that we went out and got the best available free agent at any cost to keep our dominant player happy

But I do agree that if we had Josh Smith on this team, we'd be unstoppable. We'd be the best team in the league with a freakish frontcourt like that

if we had smith instead of shard we would be better on D and worse on O. He can't spread the floor for dwight the same way shard can. His jumpshot is extremely streaky. He also develops a case of the stupids from time to time.

Magical on EBS said Otis did his due diligence this summer and really tried for a sign and trade, but Atlanta wasn't letting Smith go to a division rival, no way no how.

Josh Smith would be perfect for this team. I'd do anything to sign and trade Hedo next year for Josh. It would never happen, but it would be amazing. You could just hand us the title.

quote:
Originally posted by Eyriq:

As good a fit as Lewis is for us at the 4, Josh Smith is far and away the Perfect fit. My god, that would be completely nasty.

I strongly disagree! Rashard is the most proficient power forward in the league according to the plus minus ratio. With Tony Battie learning the Run and Gundy so quick we will get past the first round this year cuz of Batman!