Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Somebody is gettin' traded; Otis wants a PG(Chucky Atkins?) Forget Marbury(Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

how can he know for sure, Atkins has hardly played this season and missed 50 last year and is coming off surgery...might have wanted to make sure he still had something in the tank and was worth his package...any and everything is viable really...

Atkins played 11 minutes last night, in a blowout win. You call that showcasing?

keith bogans and his roll on the team are under valued by alot of the people who post on this board.

jj and the TPE are the trade pieces, if something happens.

no one wants garbage brian cook.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

Lee and Redick and eventually Pietrus are all the Magic need.

Really? I still don't understand your confidence in Redick and Lee. By league standards, Redick has played well below average with a PER of 5.8. Lee is a rookie and has shown glimpses but is still green. What gives?

Overall, our guards have played pretty well this season. I don't think that's a weakness for us any more. To me, our biggest problem is still interior toughness outside of Dwight. We need more big bodies that can bang in the paint and get rebounds.

I still think trading Hedo is the smartest move we could make, but it doesn't seem like Otis has any interest in that idea.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

quote:

Really? I still don't understand your confidence in Redick and Lee. By league standards, Redick has played well below average with a PER of 5.8. Lee is a rookie and has shown glimpses but is still green. What gives?

Overall, our guards have played pretty well this season. I don't think that's a weakness for us any more. To me, our biggest problem is still interior toughness outside of Dwight. We need more big bodies that can bang in the paint and get rebounds.

I still think trading Hedo is the smartest move we could make, but it doesn't seem like Otis has any interest in that idea.

Agree, Kberto. In agreement with Acres, I see our biggest need being a tough big. I'm hoping for Turiaf in a minor deal.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

Atkins played last night in their blowout against the Kings. Usually if a trade is about to go through, one of the players involved wouldn't be playing.

I know it was a blowout, but if waiving Richardson signals a trade is in the works, I doubt it's for Atkins.

there is also a such thing as "showcasing"...im just saying...

Showcasing what? I pretty sure Otis already know what Atkins bring, that why he was trying to get the deal done a couple weeks ago, when Atkins wasn't even getting minutes.

Atkins was not playing a couple of weeks ago he was healing after surgery. He has only started to play again recently. He lost his spot in the Denver rotation because of his injury btw.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

quote:

I agree, if you look at all the teams who are contender, they all are stack with big bodies.

As far as trading Turk, I don't think that a smart idea right now, but I think this summer Otis might consider doing a sign and trade, with Turk, especially if we don't get past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

So this is how I see it..

If a trade with Denver goes down it'd be this: Bogans for Atkins + 1st rounder.

Which would be a GREAT deal for us. Lee is showing he is capable of playing Bogans minutes with more energy and much more efficiently. Denver will NOT stay in the top 5 in the west. With Dallas playing well, SAS going to be at full strength soon, same with Utah..Let's not forget Houston could step it up when not injured. New Orleans as well, Denver IMO will be a 7, maybe 8 seed team. Which would give us a 15-17 pick.

On Marbury: I really agree with Denton, but I don't know how patient Otis is willing to be.

On the big we need: Let's not forget that we have the TPE, and all of those high energy bigs are seemingly the young guys, IE: Landry,Bass and Milsap. Bass would seem available for the TPE, which would really give us more energy.

I see it as coming to this.

Nelson/AJ/Atkins

Pietrus/JJ/Lee

Hedo/Richardson(Re-sign him after the trade)

Lewis/Bass/Cook

Howard/Battie/Gortat/Foyle

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. DaTsuN:

C. Lee, cook, and bogans for atkins. Thats a steal.

W>T>F>? alot of things wrong with that, we would need lee or bogans if we got rid of lee or bogans more than we need turk and peaches to take accent lessons. do you really think jj could handle even backup minutes? the fee awesome looks that he's getting is because dwight demands someone on him on the post, rashard deamands someont to guard him on the permimeter, as well as turk, and jameer/aj have been able to drive, that and the 2 people in the starting lineup are 6'10 and setting his screens/picks up.

i'm going to be glad to get peitrus back as well as a backup pg if it means jj, cook, tpe, if push comes to shove, the first rounder(that will have to contribute considering how much we have wrapped up with shard and the potential turk coming back) and then bogans, who has been playing pretty good behind peitrus.

lol do you think we should ring up garrity and sean kemp to come back as well?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Why is backup point the first concern when we showed that we can get by with AJ, Hedo, and Courtney? Why is it the #1 priority when Stan just came out in the paper and talked about needing to get better on the boards?

We need rebounding help, we saw it in the playoffs last year, that has to be fixed or we aren't going anywhere.

Couldn't agree more. I must be crazy, but a 15 man roster lacking a single "Power Forward" seems like a design flaw to me.

I have a feeling Dwayne Jones was cut because he played D & rebounded.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Why is backup point the first concern when we showed that we can get by with AJ, Hedo, and Courtney? Why is it the #1 priority when Stan just came out in the paper and talked about needing to get better on the boards?

We need rebounding help, we saw it in the playoffs last year, that has to be fixed or we aren't going anywhere.

Couldn't agree more. I must be crazy, but a 15 man roster lacking a single "Power Forward" seems like a design flaw to me.

I have a feeling Dwayne Jones was cut because he played D & rebounded.

I didn't get that one either, what did Richardson show that Jones did not during training camp and exhibition season? If we were just going to cut the guy before we were stuck with him why would we pick up a 2-3 when we have 7 guys that play the 2 or the 3? Even if we figured that we were going to trade a 2 did we really need that many?

I bet that if I wanted to claim a mental dissability and stop working all together I could use what our management does to our fans as a bullet proof case for it.