Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Somebody is gettin' traded; Otis wants a PG(Chucky Atkins?) Forget Marbury(Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

Bogans is just another expiring contract that should be used unlike the expiring contracts from last season.

Come on, PEC. Bogans deserves much more credit than that. He was our 5th/6th man on a 50+ win team. He still is the SG SVG wants playing in the 4th b/c of his defense and toughness. Should we trade him? IMHO, only if we get a player who will play in our 8 man rotation, for a pick, or for a young developmental prospect.

TT, welcome aboard. DOM, that is what I'm thinking.

Guys, forget Lee and Redick for a minute and simply think value. Why would the Magic trade their 6th man (Bogans) to a worse team for their 12th man (Atkins)???

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Guys, forget Lee and Redick for a minute and simply think value. Why would the Magic trade their 6th man (Bogans) to a worse team for their 12th man (Atkins)???

I don't understand why we're trading anything for Atkins in the first place. Take Cook or beat it...

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

I don't understand why we're trading anything for Atkins in the first place. Take Cook or beat it...

Think of it as them giving us a protected first to take Atkins's contract off their hands. The TPE is the tool to make the trade, not really the asset being traded.

quote:

Agreed. Keith is simply too valuable to give up for a player with skills we already have in AJ.

Im on record to oppose this deal because I dont think we need him. Get Lee some seasoning and I believe he would be ready for the second half push/playoffs.

Soul Bro, thanks. Read this board since last summer and i love the stocks and DOM monday posts... I think if we can get a conditional 1st and chucky for the TPE I personally would be happy. I like first round picks... especially for our cash strapped team.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

Think of it as them giving us a protected first to take Atkins's contract off their hands. The TPE is the tool to make the trade, not really the asset being traded.

OK, but why do we want Atkin's contract? That seems like unnecessary salary to me. Why do Denver a favor by taking someone hat wont help? Just for a draft pick? I honestly don't even know what I think about this...