Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem

Nelson out vs. T'Wolves, Bogans might play (Schmitz)

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/12/nelson-bogans-p.html

quote:
Point guard Jameer Nelson and shooting guard Keith Bogans practiced on Wednesday, but the club has ruled out Nelson for tonight against the Minnesota Timberwolves at Amway Arena.

Bogans says he's ready to play and might return after missing five games with a left fractured thumb. He had his cast removed.

Nelson has missed four games with a strained hip flexor. "(The medical staff) told me everything has been good (with Nelson)," Coach Stan Van Gundy said. "I'd put a uniform on him tonight and play him. But it's not up to me." Van Gundy said Nelson won't play "unless something changes after the walk-through. My impression is that he's out."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/12/nelson-bogans-p.html

quote:
Point guard Jameer Nelson and shooting guard Keith Bogans practiced on Wednesday, but the club has ruled out Nelson for tonight against the Minnesota Timberwolves at Amway Arena.

Bogans says he's ready to play and might return after missing five games with a left fractured thumb. He had his cast removed.

Nelson has missed four games with a strained hip flexor. "(The medical staff) told me everything has been good (with Nelson)," Coach Stan Van Gundy said. "I'd put a uniform on him tonight and play him. But it's not up to me." Van Gundy said Nelson won't play "unless something changes after the walk-through. My impression is that he's out."

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Wow! I thought Bogans was out for a month???

I guess the fact it's not on his shooting hand allows him to press it.

Cast off + Non-shooting hand + Cortisone shot = 9 day broken bone recovery.

I think Bogans is rushing back to salvage his minutes before C-Lee or JJ can lay a permanent claim to his playing time.

I hope he doesn't reinjure the thing trying to come back too quick. We are getting ready to head out West and we still won't have Pietrus, I would like for them to make sure he is ok while we are playing weaker teams the next 2 games.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I think Bogans is rushing back to salvage his minutes before C-Lee or JJ can lay a permanent claim to his playing time.

If he has been watching the games, then I doubt it... lol

Does JJ still start if Bogans is able to play tonight? And does Lee still back up AJ, or does Turk run the point forward (ugh) position with Bogans and Redick in the backcourt? Or does JJ even play if Bogans starts and Lee spells the 1 and 2 with Turk on the floor.

Glad to hear it was a speedy recovery by Bogans, but I really think we will be fine with both of them out this game and the OKC game on Friday.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you a heads up - I'm almost certain Bogans will not play tonight. His cast is off, but today was his first day back in practice and he didn't participate in live action. I would anticipate him being cleared to play in the next week, but I don't think so tonight.