Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

TO BELIEVE - JD

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Anybody here aware that there is a Steve Kyler chat ongoing now? How about the Mike Moreau chat that occured yesterday? Or how about anything pertaining to the NBA or the Magic that has been reported in several outlets that are no longer posted here?

Get off your firggen high horse man. If you don't like stuff like this, then don't read it. If you want to talk about those chats than why don't you post it. CHILL THE F OUT.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Why would I try to have some fun on the internet?

Why would I expect basketball to be discussed in a basketball forum?

quote:

quote:

It is. Take a look at my last post. The "good" FAR outweighs "the bad".

And if you wanted to talk about the Kyler chat, make a thread about it. It's real simple.

quote:

quote:

Take two seconds and look at the fron page of posted threads. Every time something new and interesting is brought up it gets a lot of reponse. That JJ to Memphis thread got over 200 replys.

If you're going to get your panties in a bunch over one joke thread than so be it...

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Get off your firggen high horse man. CHILL THE F OUT.

Once again, an articulate, mature response from the resident clown posse.

quote:

Anybody here aware that there is a Steve Kyler chat ongoing now? How about the Mike Moreau chat that occured yesterday? Or how about anything pertaining to the NBA or the Magic that has been reported in several outlets that are no longer posted here?

Yes, Yes, and yes.

I spent the better part of an hour today trying to get a couple Magic questions I had answered on Thorpe's chat this afternoon. It didn't happen, so I didn't post about it.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Smack it's only 1 thread.

BS. Threads like this, once upon a time, would pop up maybe once per month, and they were a hilarious break from the same old trade speculation, free agency, or player hate threads. Predominantly these threads pop up once to four times per week now. It's the same juvenile contributions coming from the same posters who apparently don't get enough attention in their lives outside of this chat board.

It's fine if these threads do pop up more regulalryo, just move them over to the off-topic forum so that those of us that wish to discuss basketball CAN, and those that want to turn this site into jibjab.com version 2 can do that without interupting the purpose for this site.

I still don't understand how this thread being here really hurts anything. On the main page right now this is the only goofy thread on here. I don't understand what would have come out of this topic if it had been left alone so what should have been done with it?

People goofing around doesn't prevent them from posting on any of the other topics in here.

As far as people being run off, no one was banned or told to go away, now if someone only cared to contribute by stirring up fights that is no better for the board than a bunch of joke threads. Right now there is a Redick thread where there has been decent discussion with no fighting so I don't think it is a topic that is untouchable.

As far as the chats go that are running right now anyone is more than welcome to post those items, I don't think any one member has the only link to those sites.

quote:

I agree with you a little Smack, though I think it has as much to do with threads like this being started in general. If people start threads that bring nothing of value to the forum, 9 times our of 10 its going to devolve into something like this. It's one thread, and certainly not stopping anyone from posting in, or starting, any other threads on the board.

As for the Kyler chat, I was going to start a thread for that, but I refrained, so as not to appear to be picking on Jim.

It's real simple. This is one thread. Read over the first few posts or pages, and if you don't like it, simply move on.

It's childish to come in here after 6 or 7 pages of nonsense and complain about it, when they are 100 other threads that are just waiting for you to contribute to.

This goes to anyone who has a problem with this thread.

quote:

It's real simple. This is one thread. Read over the first few posts or pages, and if you don't like it, simply move on.

It's childish to come in here after 6 or 7 pages of nonsense and complain about it, when they are 100 other threads that are just waiting for you to contribute to.

This goes to anyone who has a problem with this thread.

I thought I told you to go back to the kiddie section you poo poo head.