Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

OTIS Comments on Magic's need to add another player (Denton)

quote:
Magic general manager Otis Smith said he still is in no hurry to tinker with the roster in the wake of the injuries. Smith had toyed with the idea of adding a third point guard, but he

quote:
Magic general manager Otis Smith said he still is in no hurry to tinker with the roster in the wake of the injuries. Smith had toyed with the idea of adding a third point guard, but he

lol...typical Otis

Although he is right. No need to rush into a move until we see how our young guards work out. Still, we need an additional point regardless.

I think the Lee and Hedo combo PG has done well enough for the team to be patient at this point. If Jameer was going to be out longer then their hand would be forced.

Personally, the SG injuries could be a blessing in the long run. JJ will have a chance to increase his trade value and C-Lee will get much needed experience.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I think the Lee and Hedo combo PG has done well enough for the team to be patient at this point. If Jameer was going to be out longer then their hand would be forced.

Personally, the SG injuries could be a blessing in the long run. JJ will have a chance to increase his trade value and C-Lee will get much needed experience.

exactly what i was thinking, also i wish otis would take his time with these things lol.

CLee and JJ we'll be tested tomorrow night against the Celts. We've pretty much been playing against sub-par teams since the plethora of injuries occured,so tomorrow night's game will be the real first test.. Against the defending champs.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

All of this is true, but let's not forget that A.J. has been better than servicable in filling in for Jameer! In fact, he has run the point admirably providing good defense and a 3 pt shot that teams have to respect!!! But yes, the "Kidds" are showing up as well, and if it is just a few more days that Meer is out, so be it! It just hurts us playing Boston without all of our peices in place, but I think we will do fine!

I like this wait-and-see philosophy. We don't need to make a move just for the sake of making a move right now. The reserves are playing well as fill-ins, as everyone has said, so this is a good non-move by Otis.

I can't help but wonder what would be the case if we start Johnson for the rest of the season and let jameer come of the bench.

the dude is a monster in distributing the ball en setting up an offence. jameer can learn a thing of 2 from this guy.

I don't recall a match where jameer had 10+ assists