Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

orlando targeting arroyo? (link)

I doubt it very much. Arroyo is making 2.5 million and the Magic would have to buy some of that to Maccabi. But anyway, here is the original source (I think it is Serbian):

C.Arroyo gali palikti "Maccabi" ir gr?

I think people mostly dont want him back because of his fans because he was a good backup PG that some nights outplayed Jameer. A PG of his caliber is definitely needed right now given the injury to Jameer.

He is definitely better than AJ.

arroyo and aj are similar in terms of what they're worth to this team, but they're better at different things. AJ is good on D while arroyo is a joke on D. They're about the same as far as distributing goes and arroyo has a better ability to take guys off the dribble and hit the midrange jumpshot.

Overall, i'll take AJ because if he has to switch onto a 2 guard it's not an automatic 2pts like it is with arroyo.

I wouldnt and didnt mind Carlos for the Magic. Defensively he was mediocre but he ran the offense ok, and he stepped up last year more than once when Jameer was down.

That being said, hes in Israel and will not be here.

And I believe hed be a 3rd option with the stellar play of Johnson anyway

I would welcome back CA as the 3rd PG. He runs the team extremely well when he gets minutes.

I also agree that most peeps don't like CA because of his fans, which is pathetic.

Meer/AJ/CA line up will not miss a beat.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

I would welcome back CA as the 3rd PG. He runs the team extremely well when he gets minutes.

I also agree that most peeps don't like CA because of his fans, which is pathetic.

Meer/AJ/CA line up will not miss a beat.

I really doubt that Arroyo will accept coming back as a 3rd option and I think the team will be better of with him as the main sub. Remember, last year there where times when he looked better than Jameer, hence all the starting PG discussions on the board.

you're right that he wouldn't accept a 3rd string position, but there was never really any serious conversation about him replacing jameer. Carlos is nowhere near good enough to be a starting PG on a serious playoff team. He's a selfish player and he is terrible on d. He's where he belongs...a starter in a sub-par league.