Sign in to follow this  
RU4 The Magic

Pietrus to miss 3-5 weeks with torn thumb ligament

Magic shooting guard Mickael Pietrus is out three to five weeks with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb.

The injury occurred in the victory against Philadelphia this past Wednesday during the holiday road trip.

J.J. Redick is expected to start in his place tonight at home against Indiana.

Check back for updates.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...2908,0,4527536.story

BUMMER!

Magic shooting guard Mickael Pietrus is out three to five weeks with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb.

The injury occurred in the victory against Philadelphia this past Wednesday during the holiday road trip.

J.J. Redick is expected to start in his place tonight at home against Indiana.

Check back for updates.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...2908,0,4527536.story

BUMMER!

now this is breaking news..this really hurts us..i was hoping JVG was wrong when I heard him talk about pietrus..its better now then at the end of the season.

To Mr. J.J. Redick and Mr. Courtney Lee,

You now have plenty of minutes to play and for quite a few weeks I might add...let's see what you guys can do with it.

And I'm seriously wondering about what we're gonna do about the back-up point position...at least until Jameer gets back.

Darn, the Boston game is coming up Monday too...

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

now this is breaking news..this really hurts us..i was hoping JVG was wrong when I heard him talk about pietrus..its better now then at the end of the season.

I have to agree with you. We need everyone healthy come March and April. At least we face Indiana tonight. No... I am not underestimating them, but we have a tendency to really step up against the great teams. We don't need more injuries now.

I wonder if Crittenton is starting to look more attractive as a combo guard to Otis? What could we give up to get him? Certainly not JJ at this point. OMG, did I just say JJ was valuable? lol

I really hope we are over the injury bug after this. We are weak enough at the guards now we dont have are starting point and shooting as well as the first guy off the bench. We have to bring in another guard asap.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

To Mr. J.J. Redick and Mr. Courtney Lee,

You now have plenty of minutes to play and for quite a few weeks I might add...let's see what you guys can do with it.

And I'm seriously wondering about what we're gonna do about the back-up point position...at least until Jameer gets back.

Darn, the Boston game is coming up Monday too...

We are going to suck it up, use Hedo as point forward, and live with the results... my guess anyway, at least for the short term.