Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread - Magic vs. Pacers 11/29

I got a mild heartattack here.

I thought "how in the hell did the knicks climb atop the conference with this win? Did Stern like the game that much he decided the Knicks should be at top?"

KnicksHolyCrap.JPG

But it was just a joke by Stern to show New Yorkers what it would look like if they got LeBrownie in 2010

Life as a Magic and Seminoles fan... the day started poorly but ended well.

Stock Up:

Anthony Johnson. (A.J. continues to come through. 16 points including 3 three pointers, 4 assists, a rebound, and a steal on 37 minutes and he doesn't look very tired out there. he also had the best plus/minus on the team tonight with +20.)

Dwight Howard. (The Beast of the East. 31 points on 11 of 15 shooting and 10 of 17 from the charity stripe. 21 boards. 4 blocks. 3 nyce assists.

Look.. Nesterovic, Foster, and Troy Murphy all have one thing in common. Tall white guys who aren't tough enough. Hibbert looked pretty good out there, they need to give him more minutes. But the Pacers big men just didn't enough to hang with Dwight.)

Three Point Shooting. (Boom~! 12 of 26 for 46.2% will get the job done. I'm not sure off the top of my head, but that could be our best 3 point performance by percentage on the season.)

Hedo Turkoglu. (7 of 16 shooting including 3 of 6 from Three Land to score 22 points. Also getting to the line 6, 7, 8 times a game too. 5 boards, 3 assists, and 4 steals. You'd like more assists with our backcourt the way it is, but the steals were good and considering he went 0-4 from three against Washington, its good to see the 3-pointer bounce back.)

Rashard Lewis. (Quiet first half, big second half... and gee, one of his most effective times was at SF with two productive big guys in there with him. Go figure. He ended up with 8 of 18 shooting after starting 1 for 6, to get 24 points, 3 boards, an assist, a steal, and a block on the first play of the game. Great halftime bounceback because at one point I was figuring that he was well on his way to a Stock Down.)

Three Point Defense. (Here we go again. It's like no one can shoot threes on us, which is a very good thing. Indy only shot 6 of 21 from deep for 28.6%. Ouch.)

Field Goal Shooting. (Not just three pointers need to be celebrated, as the Magic shot 38 of 75 overall for 50.7%. A huge night from Dwight from the field contributed mightily to the cause.)

Courtney Lee. (He had 2 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 pretty assists. But this Stock Up is for the return of Jet Lee's stellar defense tonight, highlighted by a monstrous, high-flying steal away from Roy Hibbert. He and Anthony Johnson also contained T.J. Ford in a major way, holding him to 2 of 9 shooting.)

Tony Battie. (Sprained ankle, schmained ankle. 8 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and a block. Now let's just hope the ankle isn't a delayed reaction in a bad way, like Pietrus' thumb.)

Stock In The Middle:

J.J. Redick. (He had 4 assists, 2 boards, and a steal. How many solid-to-good defensive games in a row is this for Redick? There was only one time he was soundly beaten off the dribble by Daniels, but otherwise no glaring mistakes. Unfortunately it is hard to get a Stock Up when you only take 4 shots and hit only one of them. At least he didn't force bad shots for the sake of it though.)

Assists. (Not as high as the 26 from the other night, but 19 assists tonight is still high for our norm, and we'll definitely take it. The ball movement is still off the hook.)

Stock Down:

Turnovers. (If you notice, I haven't mentioned anyone's turnovers so far. Because it's just easier to put it this way... the Magic had 18 turnovers, 10 at the half. Too much after holding it down as of late. Also quite strangely, every Magic starter had exactly 3 turnovers, while Lee, Cook, and Battie all had exactly 1 turnover.)

Brian Cook. (Dude... whatever. A missed, like, 196 footer, an offensive foul, and a rebound. No. The shot you did made doesn't really count because it was a fluke. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it.

Please take your player option this summer. You can get 5 million from Memphis on the FA market, I hear they need shooting. No, seriously.)

Florida State Seminoles. (Touchdowns! Not field goals! ARRRGH...)

That's it... a far easier game that I expected it to be thanks to Hedo and Shard doing their thing and Dwight and A.J. doing even more than their usual thing. For Indy Granger, Hibbert, and Daniels played well, but T.J. Ford and the rest of their bigs laid eggs.

This was a big win because ATL beat Washington, so we hold them at bay once again in the Southeast. The Magic are gonna have a tough time of it against Boston Monday, with or without Jameer. But they're 13-4, have won 3 straight games without Nelson, and have won 9 of their last 10 games.

Since I'm off to watch some boxing on HBO....

Good night and good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Sky, you should have added the Warriors to a stock down. It's tough to allow 37/21 in a pick-up game at the RDV, but against an NBA team? Against David Lee?

The NBA.

Where "When David Lee gets minutes..." happens.

LOL I actually considered giving David Lee and Chris Duhon Stock Ups, but I don't think that GS-Knicks game needs a lot of analysis.

Nobody played D. End of analysis.

good win, dwight once again proving he's already the most dominant player in the game. The league would have to change the rules if he ever figured out a way to get up to 70% from the line.

we have boston coming up next followed my 3 should-be wins and then it gets serious on a wicked western trip.

Hopefully jameer can get back asap. AJ has done his job so far filling in, but the offense just isn't as smooth.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

i didn't see that game, did duhon throw lee like 15 alley oops?

They weren't oops, but they did run a high pick and roll between the two of them with Lee rolling to the basket about 30 times. Both players followed Duhon every time so Lee was getting layup after layup.

quote:
Originally posted by the_rocket:

Cook is a phenomenon.The Guy cannot play the game of basketball yet he is in NBA.

It encourage everykid and shows that if you have luck and big @ss together you can do it,too.

this is so funny. thanks for that. it is 8 am and i am laughing, this rarely happens

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

i didn't see that game, did duhon throw lee like 15 alley oops?

They weren't oops, but they did run a high pick and roll between the two of them with Lee rolling to the basket about 30 times. Both players followed Duhon every time so Lee was getting dunk after dunk.

Fixed.