Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread - Magic vs. Pacers 11/29

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

I really hope Battie is OK.

He was playing very well and there's quite a difference in having him or Cook as the first big off the bench.

Well you'd have to think, at least at center, that Gortat would get those minutes.

Cook's not a center in any universe.

You're right, but you know that I love to see Battie at PF pairing with Dwight.

Anyaway, what Toni is bringing everynight to us isn't going to be replaced by any of our bench guys.

So far we are doing a great job with the injuries we are accumulating. The pro behind the injuries, is that it forces players to step up and develops are bench a little more.

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

Hedo is looking like AI out there tonight with those lay ups. Too bad for every good lay up he takes a bad one lol.

A lot of people talks on the board about hedo, he should drive inside, instead of silly (desicion) shots so he drive for layups :P

Johnson really stepping up with the injuries, Battie too, and JJ once again playing solid D.

Is that Redick's fourth game in a row with a charge taken?

quote:
Originally posted by xtremetawsan:

quote:

Hedo is looking like AI out there tonight with those lay ups. Too bad for every good lay up he takes a bad one lol.

A lot of people talks on the board about hedo, he should drive inside, instead of silly (desicion) shots so he drive for layups :P

thats how lebron and wade gets alot of free thows

quote:
Originally posted by xtremetawsan:

quote:

I would much rather have Hedo take it to the rack, but he has to know when he is beat and pull off, not take the wild contested shots.

If he gets the corner on the defender, then by all means go hard, but when the defender is stride for stride with you, you need to dish or pull up.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

I really hope Battie is OK.

He was playing very well and there's quite a difference in having him or Cook as the first big off the bench.

Well you'd have to think, at least at center, that Gortat would get those minutes.

Cook's not a center in any universe.

You're right, but you know that I love to see Battie at PF pairing with Dwight.

Anyaway, what Toni is bringing everynight to us isn't going to be replaced by any of our bench guys.

You're right.. I think Gortat is the better shot-blocker, but Battie very well could have the best intangibles on the whole team. The key jump shot, the key deflection, the key block out to make someone else's rebound easier...

All the stuff that doesn't necessarily show in the box score.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

So far we are doing a great job with the injuries we are accumulating. The pro behind the injuries, is that it forces players to step up and develops are bench a little more.

Yeah you saw that with San Antonio, without Tony Parker or Manu Ginobli, the rookie George Hill has had to step up as well as Michael Finley. So now that everyone's mostly healthy for them, they're that much more dangerous.

Hopefully these injuries'll do that for us. I'll be nervous until at least Jameer comes back though.