Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Gamethread - Magic @ Washington 11/27

Outside of our starters the only two guys that played significant minutes was J.J. Redick and Tony Battie last night...both logging 20 minutes a piece....we basically won last night's game playing our starters pretty much the whole game...although Redick and Battie did did make nice contributions...specifically Battie(Wow! what a game for him!!)

Don't know about the rest of you but I thought we were extremely shaky when Lee came into the game...specifically when he was trying to run the point...not surprising Lee's Lenovo stat(which is important to Stan) was a minus 8...the worst on the team...I'm not faulting Courtney Lee...he did the best he could considering he was thrust into an emergency situation and one in which he probably hasn't had much time practicing at.

My point? I think we lose tonight for lack of energy unless somebody on the bench can step up again...it is just to much to ask of Anthony Johnson to basically play the whole game at point guard on a back-to-back...he ain't getting any younger.

I still think Otis needs to make a move for our back-up point guard position...I think I saw somebody post today that Jameer only played a little over 60 games last year so to expect this to be his only time out would be wishful thinking in my opinion.

Get us some help at the point, Otis...!

I have to agree ...

Pf has been ok so far and I thought that would be more of a problem than what it has been.

but we can't go on to much longer without a third PG this season...

even tho AJ is OK he is to old to depend on for a long time, not with as hard as Jameer is playing this season.

expect to see Jameer with more down time with little injuries.

Happy Thanksgiving BJ

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Outside of our starters the only two guys that played significant minutes was J.J. Redick and Tony Battie last night...both logging 20 minutes a piece....we basically won last night's game playing our starters pretty much the whole game...although Redick and Battie did did make nice contributions...specifically Battie(Wow! what a game for him!!)

Don't know about the rest of you but I thought we were extremely shaky when Lee came into the game...specifically when he was trying to run the point...not surprising Lee's Lenovo stat(which is important to Stan) was a minus 8...the worst on the team...I'm not faulting Courtney Lee...he did the best he could considering he was thrust into an emergency situation and one in which he probably hasn't had much time practicing at.

My point? I think we lose tonight for lack of energy unless somebody on the bench can step up again...it is just to much to ask of Anthony Johnson to basically play the whole game at point guard on a back-to-back...he ain't getting any younger.

I still think Otis needs to make a move for our back-up point guard position...I think I saw somebody post today that Jameer only played a little over 60 games last year so to expect this to be his only time out would be wishful thinking in my opinion.

Get us some help at the point, Otis...!

Ill agree that we were shaky with CLee running somewhat of a point guard role, but I see that as a glass half full.

I believe that this is the BEST time to get him acclimated to the pro style game.

I think being thrust into the fire, while it may make for some mistakes and even some losses, makes Lee's game progress and makes him more seasoned and ready for the grind which is the second half and the playoffs.

I know as fans we want wins all the time and I love a victory as much as anyone on here, but I also would be fine with some tough losses if it means that our younger and more inexperienced players get some much needed playing time and seasoning for when the true season starts, which is the playoffs.

Im all for getting a 3rd point, but not at the expense of Lee, Redick and others losing time when we all have seen glimpses of things that could really make this club unbeatable.