Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

...we need that other PG**with update from Kyler Grizz and Magic info update pg 5

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I'm going to copy and paste what I put in the other thread:

quote:
You really think it's a good idea to trade Redick now when Bogans is out for a month? Now instead of being thin at 1, we'd be thin at 2 with a rookie as the primary back up.

Come on man, that doesn't make any sense.

Hedo can play point forward with Lee at 1. All lee has to do is bring the ball up the court and give it up to Hedo. From point A, to point B. He can handle that.

Jameer is gone for 10 days. It's not time to panic. We got AJ specifically for this reason.

See Marc Acres comments on the other thread...sorry Marc, hope you don't mind if I borrowed your opinion.

Picks are the only way for us to acquire talent cheaply but Critt is cheap (1.4) and Warrick is cheap (3 mill) so getting rid of Cook who is useless but fills a shooting need for Memphis and JJ does get us talent on the cheap.

Those 2 would really help provide energy off the bench once we get healthy.

I'm going to copy and paste what I put in the other thread:

quote:
You really think it's a good idea to trade Redick now when Bogans is out for a month? Now instead of being thin at 1, we'd be thin at 2 with a rookie as the primary back up.

Come on man, that doesn't make any sense.

Hedo can play point forward with Lee at 1. All lee has to do is bring the ball up the court and give it up to Hedo. From point A, to point B. He can handle that.

Jameer is gone for 10 days. It's not time to panic. We got AJ specifically for this reason.

Marc you should just move the posts in the other thread here. No point having the same discussion in two differnt threads.

quote:

Marc you should just move the posts in the other thread here. No point having the same discussion in two differnt threads.

Good idea. That thread is a lot longer, Junkie would you be ok with moving your original post in this topic to the other thread?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Picks are the only way for us to acquire talent cheaply but Critt is cheap (1.4) and Warrick is cheap (3 mill) so getting rid of Cook who is useless but fills a shooting need for Memphis and JJ does get us talent on the cheap.

Hakeem Warrick is a career underachiever, and Crit has proven absolutely nothing. I'm not even convinced he's a pg. I'd take Smush Parker over this guy.

This trade doesn't make us better. I don't like the idea of Lee being thrust into the back up spot this early in his career.

They may very well be career underachiever's but what is Cook? Critt may not be a true point but if he's similar to Keyon then he would be a good addition to our weak bench. Basically we are trading shooting (which we have in spades) for energy guys to help the bench.

Lee being put into a back up spot is only temporary till Bogans gets back and it gets him valuable pt early in the year before we get into the playoffs when we may really need him. I don't think the guy is that far off, I think he needs confidence in his shot and that will come in time.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hakeem Warrick is a career underachiever, and Crit has proven absolutely nothing. I'm not even convinced he's a pg. I'd take Smush Parker over this guy.

This trade doesn't make us better. I don't like the idea of Lee being thrust into the back up spot this early in his career.

They may very well be career underachiever's but what is Cook? Critt may not be a true point but if he's similar to Keyon then he would be a good addition to our weak bench. Basically we are trading shooting (which we have in spades) for energy guys to help the bench.

Lee being put into a back up spot is only temporary till Bogans gets back and it gets him valuable pt early in the year before we get into the playoffs when we may really need him. I don't think the guy is that far off, I think he needs confidence in his shot and that will come in time.

Isn't C.Lee similar to Keyon?

quote:

quote:

Good idea. That thread is a lot longer, Junkie would you be ok with moving your original post in this topic to the other thread?

I would really like for Magic fans to see an opportunity for the Magic/Grizz to get talks going again could arise...and I was the one that started that this morning on the other thread...could you change the title of the other thread to what Kyler posted or something to that extent? Then I would be cool with it...

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I think getting Warrick for depth on our bench is more appealing to me then actually acquiring Critt if a Cook/JJ for Critt/Warrick deal goes down. I'm hoping Lee can fill that shooting void, but you guys forget that while our starters can shoot lights out, JJ has been the only guy off the bench that seems to be able to make some shots (excluding Bogans since he is injured, but even when healthy isn't the most consistent). Now I know this has only been a few games for JJ, but I don't think it's ridiculous to say he has been our best offensive bench player this season.

Yeah, I know. Redick is actually playing pretty well right now.

And taking off from what Kitno said in another thread, JJ isn't playing because Stan wants to build trade value. That's not how he operates. He didn't have Redick in the game the other night down the stretch because he was looking for takers.