Sign in to follow this  
ivielma

JJ to the Hole

I posted this in another post, but I wanted to get everyone's feedback on this topic alone. What did you all think about JJ taking it the hole? I thought SVG showed a lot of trust putting JJ against TMac and Barry and JJ should his newfound toughness by taking it to the hole and drawing contact. I think he had like 10 FT attempts. I like this side of JJ because not only will the defense have to respect him on the outside but they will also have to respect him when he puts it on the floor. I think the summer payed off for him and I know a lot of people still think he's overrated here but I think he adds depth to the bench. Just like many have said on this board, top notch teams win with DEFENSE and DEEP BENCHES (Lakers, Celtics) anyway just curious about your thoughts.

I posted this in another post, but I wanted to get everyone's feedback on this topic alone. What did you all think about JJ taking it the hole? I thought SVG showed a lot of trust putting JJ against TMac and Barry and JJ should his newfound toughness by taking it to the hole and drawing contact. I think he had like 10 FT attempts. I like this side of JJ because not only will the defense have to respect him on the outside but they will also have to respect him when he puts it on the floor. I think the summer payed off for him and I know a lot of people still think he's overrated here but I think he adds depth to the bench. Just like many have said on this board, top notch teams win with DEFENSE and DEEP BENCHES (Lakers, Celtics) anyway just curious about your thoughts.

the only complaint i had with redick's game last night was his fg%. however, all his misses seemed sooo close to going in. most of them were in and out. if a couple of his shots fell, we could have won the game. aside from that, redick did a fantastic job playing D last night, and contested shots from not only tmac and barry, but he was stuck on artest a couple times and artest couldnt capitalize. his aggressiveness he showed last night is an underrated aspect of his game that hasnt been seen since he played college ball. he was two made shots away from having a major impact on the game. props to him for working through the adversity and contributing against one of the leagues top teams. he took care of the ball as well, and brought the ball up the floor a couple times as well. one thing i would like to see a lot more is dwight and redick on the same side of the floor on offense playing a little two man game. redick was by far our best two guard last night...he seems to have found his and svg's confidence again. now, all he has to do is get a couple of those close shots to fall and he will become a major cog for the magic.

I was impressed with JJ's handle driving to the basket as well, went in there against Yao a few times too. Good to see another dimension to his game when the shots aren't falling.

This has gone too far. I make fun of JJ for being an alcoholic, and that draws the ire of many of his fans. But to accuse him of being in a K-hole is absolutely unacceptable. I'm sure the JJ fans will back me up on this one.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

what is a k-hole. jacklj

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine

quote:
Ketamine produces a dissociative state, characterised by a sense of detachment from one's physical body and the external world which is known as depersonalization and derealization.[58] At sufficiently high doses (e.g. 150 mg intramuscular), users may experience what is coined the "K-hole", a state of dissociation whose effects are thought to mimic the phenomenology of schizophrenia.[59]. This may include distortions in bodily awareness, such as the feeling that one's body is being tugged, or is gliding on silk, flying, or has grown very large or distended. Users often report feeling more skeletal or becoming more aware of their bones - the shape of their hands is also often of interest.[citation needed] Users may experience worlds or dimensions that are ineffable, all the while being completely unaware of their individual identities or the external world. Users have reported intense hallucinations including visual hallucinations, perceptions of falling, fast and gradual movement and flying, 'seeing God', feeling connected to other users, objects and the cosmos, experiencing psychic connections, and shared hallucinations and thoughts with adjacent users.

lolz

lol i was in the chatroom when someone else said it but the quote is to the effect of everyone cheering when jj farts while 3 people cheer at peitrus when he slams one home. if turk had taken that 3 five feet behind the line when all we needed right there was a bucket this entire forum would have erupted. i'm glad we have all of these special rules for jj by the way, i hope he'll start in place of dwight when he decides to leave because we're running jj instead of lee, i mean then everyone in the stands will identify with him that much to sell out the arena right? and jj never could and didn't stick tmac ever, not ever or ever or did i mention ever? he was out there to run after the 36 year old brent effing barry, i think i saw artest almost choke on his own spit laughing when jj was on him and he was running for a post up isolation play, too bad for him it took that long to develop and he wasn't 100% to begin with. i think it will take our third superstar in the draft about 8 years from now for most people to realize that the coach isn't calling the shots. i mean after that one leaves because we run another 'player' to be named later over an actual athlete. unless the magic trade jj in the next week or so then last night's move to give him that many minutes was extremely puzzling. we're still making the dumb moves we made during the shaq era, we're passing on real basketball players to shove fan favourites and passavie aggressive personalities onto the floor, i'm trying to convince myself that we didn't get rid of ariza because he was actually able to slam one or two home on a few fools in the paint, i mean that sort of basketball represents an uppity player that has fire and the desire right? that's not magic basketball, we need smiles and side parts, and 1,000 fans to start jumping up and down and cheering when we make that extra pass and take a uniformed shot. i sort of see why every ex magic player turns into a magic killer, they must have seriously hated things while they were here to begin with.