Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Schmitz and Co.(Press Row) were making bets on J.J. last night(link)

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

JJ aparently cannot be objectively evaluated on this board.

Last night was either a lucky day againts the worst players in the history of the NBA or the greatest performance since Ali beat Frazier.

Objectively, a bench player gets his first start, holds his own, should be back on the bench for the next game. Good day for the Magic.

That's the most sensible thing I've heard on the JJ topic in a long time.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

just wondering but if jj gets traded who will be next to assinate with this useless bickering?

I think the next target will be Fran if he comes over....

Or whoever we pick next year that was a star in college but might struggle in the NBA...

If none of those happen, its going to be Nelson.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

They where afraid of his defensive skillz....

Yeah, you're probably right...I guess teams have caught word of J.J.'s over the summer commitment to weightlifting and his new found quickness...

Oh, and most importantly his commitment to defense!

Great game last night J.J.!!! Keep up the good work.

Go J.J. Redick!!!!!

Go Magic!!!!!!!

lol....looks as if your account was hacked by JD...lol

But I have to agree with EnFuego....he was given another chance, performed well with those matchups, the team got the win, he should be back in the bench, and we will move on...plain and simple....

He is a bench guy for our team, and probably will be for the rest of his NBA career.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

just wondering but if jj gets traded who will be next to assinate with this useless bickering?

I think the next target will be Fran if he comes over....

Or whoever we pick next year that was a star in college but might struggle in the NBA...

If none of those happen, its going to be Nelson.

I think Otis got the hang of the draft now.

quote:
I do want to look for opportunities to play J.J. I don't want J.J. get buried down there because he can help us," Van Gundy said. "If a guy (like Redick) hits a slump they have to work through it. (Redick) is not a good shooter, he's a great shooter. He's intelligent and has to try to avoid pressing and feeling he has to score X-number of points or make X-number of shots. What I want to see him do is help our offense operate more efficiently."

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081119/SPORTS16/811190323/1002/SPORTS

It look like SVG is trying to use Redick, as a matchup player.

Redick had a good game last night. He could have had 16 points if the two shots that were in and out would have went down. Which would have been big. Redick made good decisions in the offense except for the shot that was blocked. He should go back to the bench but not as a DP. He needs at least 10 to 15mins per game. Whether you keep him or trade him he needs confidence and playing time.

quote:

quote:

quote:

They where afraid of his defensive skillz....

Yeah, you're probably right...I guess teams have caught word of J.J.'s over the summer commitment to weightlifting and his new found quickness...

Oh, and most importantly his commitment to defense!

Great game last night J.J.!!! Keep up the good work.

Go J.J. Redick!!!!!

Go Magic!!!!!!!

lol....looks as if your account was hacked by JD...lol

I got a big laugh out of this line Davcivic because honestly...I "WAS" trying to imitate Jack in my opening post...you know how when he starts a thread and posts his opening dialogue he always puts "your thoughts"(see my opening post...

No offense Jack...imitation is a subtle way of flattering someone...hope you don't mind if I stole your line.

New blog by Denton just out:

quote:

Clearly a fan favorite whose plight keeps message boards churning and his mere entrance into games often elicits roars from the Amway Arena crowd, Redick was asked if the support helped him get through his recent shooting slump. He went opposite of the question, noting that ``I heard some muffled boos when I passed up a shot before halftime, but it

quote:

quote:

Clearly a fan favorite whose plight keeps message boards churning and his mere entrance into games often elicits roars from the Amway Arena crowd, Redick was asked if the support helped him get through his recent shooting slump. He went opposite of the question, noting that ``I heard some muffled boos when I passed up a shot before halftime, but it

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

You don't have to to give him any attention, yet you feed the JJ machine just as much, if not more so, than anyone else here. Not that I care, mind you, just find it funny that you would comment on the attention JJ gets.