Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Ruh-Roh - JJ's pissed

The Nets are shopping Sean Williams around, they offer the Bobcats Sean Williams and Trenton Hassell for Matt Carroll.

We should see if there interested in Redick for Williams.

quote:
Originally posted by Rojogrande:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by Rojogrande:

Hey Murphy. Going back to your post on page 2. I would like to know exactly what about this shot that you find ugly. As someone who has played basketball, his form is about as perfect as it gets.

8e989f55dfa1cd71a3369d2yw3.jpg

you could take a snapshot of dwight at the free throw line and it would look like he has perfect form.

the point is, you can tell nothing from this picture other than judging lee has about a 15 inch vertical compared to the standing defender's leg.

watch his jumpshot in motion and get back to me.

I have seen plenty of his jumpshot. Alot more then you or any other magic fan has. On tv and live and in person. His jump shot is one of the most fluid at any level of basketball.

It just seems to me you are trying to find something wrong with CLEE to complain about to justify more PT for Reddick.

As I said last summer. PT should be justified not only by game performance but by practice as well. If JJ isn't getting to play in games any longer then wouldn't it be a fair assumption for you to possibly consider that he is just getting out played in practice as well. I am by no means against JJ. If he warrants getting minutes over CLEE then so be it. But SVG must be seeing something in practice as well to give those minutes to Lee rather then to JJ. If JJ was as great of a player as some of you make him out to be then he would be getting minutes plain and simple. But it seems to me the only thing JJ seems to be good at is complaining. He just needs to suck it up and bust his arse if he wants in the game. He may have busted his butt in the offseason and pre-season to get better. But just because he earned a spot in the rotation after pre-season doesn't mean he gets to coast afterwards. Which could be very well what he is doing. He seems to think he earned minutes and no longer has to compete for them.

--Rojogrande

if you are going to disect his shot, it would be hard to argue against the point that the giant hitch in his shot is anything but the antithesis of fluid. that, and his obvious low fg% suggests that he as of now isnt one of the better shooters on our team. but thats not the point. he has a lot to work on but is getting passes for whatever reasons

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

he gets yanked and his replacements arent playing any better.

?????????????????

wasn't Billion-dollar man just 0-10 from 3 point land on his last attempts? And that's someone who plays with no pressure. He knows he won't get benched no matter how bad he plays. He knows Stan won't even consider him coming off the bench, even though he's basically one-dimensional.

Murphy give it a rest. There is no hitch. The reason he is shooting poorly (but not as poor as JJ) is two fold.

1.) He is a rookie getting random PT which makes it hard to get in rhythm or shake jitters (although I think the jitters are gone at this point, so he gets no more "jitters" excuses in my book)

2.) SVG wants him to be a spot up shooter. He basically forces him to stand in one spot and chuck if he gets the ball and is open. That is not Lee's strong suit. Watch any game film on him from college and he is always shooting off movement (either off screens, driving and pulling up midrange, or pulling up after bringing the ball down the court). Asking a terrific jump shooter to become a set shooter is not going to help is averages. SVG needs to let him create off the bench to spark the offense, not sit in the corner.

Just would like to add that Lee played some very nice minutes today with a couple of defensive plays. Also, he was 2-4 on field goals.

I am neither a JJ fan nor a CLee fan, I just want whomever offers the best for the Magic to win to play. In my mind it speaks volumes that JJ has ridden the pine for two coaches.

you guys are crazy he does too have a hitch in his shot...it seems to be more evident the further out from the basket he is though. good game from him tonight- i like those steals! good to see.

quote:
Originally posted by stan van luigi:

I mean there's no logical reason why SVG doesn't give the guy some good minutes in these blowouts.

Four games and still hasn't hit a field goal ring a bell?