Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

Lewis Unhappy With His Role in Magic Offense (Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Not once in that exerpt did I see Lewis say he was unhappy about his role in the offense, he says he is upset at himself for taking threes.

Nothing like stirring the pot Mr.Denton.

x2

x3

I think both sides are right. He is acknowledging that he has to be more aggressive, yet he also feels limited in doing so because SVG wants him to stay away from the basket to keep the opposing PF from interfering with Dwight's room to operate.

Which probably wouldn't irritate him at all if he actually saw someone consistently give the ball to Dwight in the post. But if they are not going to get the ball to Dwight, then his meandering around the 3-point line is counter-productive.

I don't think he's attempting to assign specific blame. He owns the fact that he simply needs to be more aggressive, acknowledges that the coaching staff would prefer he drift to the outside, and remains frustrated by the lack of commitment by his teammates to take advantage of the space he is providing for Dwight.

who else in here would call me insane if we got a young pf for whoever and just started him with dwight and shard as the 5 and 3 spots? i mean someone we can get for jj, cookie, and battie, and have hedo coming off the bench, i'm done exploring the world with hedo as trade bait for once. we could pry away the good lopez twin for that, the rest of the team could be built to suit, if we pulled the trigger on such a trade c. lee would have to learn some pg roles in limited minutes. hedo could be hedo, and we'd have a powerful enough front line, seriously the kid could have a career with dwight getting double teamed and having rashard being able to play both inside and out. we paid that much money for shard to be an all star sf not a so/so pf, and it's not like he hasn't proven he could play it, but it would just open up so much more for us, hedo, bogans, c. lee off the bench, gortat gets into the rotation with the other bigs we have, i dunno, it just seems like a move worth making if things aren't being as amazing as they are supposed to be, and it' not like your giving up really big pieces.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

who else in here would call me insane if we got a young pf for whoever and just started him with dwight and shard as the 5 and 3 spots? i mean someone we can get for jj, cookie, and battie, and have hedo coming off the bench, i'm done exploring the world with hedo as trade bait for once. we could pry away the good lopez twin for that, the rest of the team could be built to suit, if we pulled the trigger on such a trade c. lee would have to learn some pg roles in limited minutes. hedo could be hedo, and we'd have a powerful enough front line.

Again... Hedo for 6th man.

Maybe Lewis' number isn't being called enough or his teammates aren't looking for him but regardless of what it is on the surface it just looks like our 100 million dollar man isn't performing.

He'll eventually find the range but I don't know if the guy will ever not look awkward driving to the basket.

Just because the ball is being kicked out to Shard on the perimeter doesn't mean that he is required to settle for a three point shot.

Do you think anybody in the Magic organization would complain if he became more aggressive in looking for his own shot off the dribble, or if he received the ball outside and procceeded to back his man down?

I don't.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Just because the ball is being kicked out to Shard on the perimeter doesn't mean that he is required to settle for a three point shot.

Do you think anybody in the Magic organization would complain if he became more aggressive in looking for his own shot off the dribble, or if he received the ball outside and procceeded to back his man down?

I don't.

No definitely not, I thought last night it looked like he didn't even want the ball at times.