Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Lee's home robbed (Denton)

quote:
Lee's suburban Orlando townhouse was robbed on Nov. 1, a night when his Orlando Magic routed the Sacramento Kings at Amway Arena.

Lee, the 22nd pick of the NBA Draft in June, came home to find computers, television sets, I-pods, jewelry and two X-box video game players stolen from his residence. Lee and his brother, Anthony, also had several items of clothes taken in the robbery.

"It was bad, but I'm kind of happy it happened before I got a (NBA) check because I really haven't even bought much of anything yet," Lee said before the Magic's game Saturday against the Washington Wizards.

Magic center Dwight Howard, Lee's mentor much of his time in Orlando, allowed the rookie shooting guard to live with him for a few days while Orange County Sheriffs investigated the crime. A flashy, Gucci watch that was a present from Howard upon Lee's arrival in Orlando was also stolen.

Lee, who will make $1.17 million this season, is in the process of moving into a gated complex that offers better security.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081109/SPORTS16/811090324/1002/SPORTS

Good thing Lee wasn't home.

Sucks for Lee, but at least he wasn't home. On a positive note, at the bottom of the same article, this caught my eye:

Magic reserve center Marcin Gortat won a bet with Pietrus following Friday's practice by converting a dunk from the free throw line. The 6-foot-11 Gortat ran the length of the court and took off from just inside the free throw line. When the play was disputed, Gortat did it again -- this time taking off inches behind the free throw stripe and still converting the dunk.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

Welcome to Orlando!!

HAHA, I lol'd.

X2

Where was he living? And he gets to live with Dwight, that is amazing!!

C Lee is gonna be so good, like our new Penny good, I hope. Someday...

quote:
Originally posted by obamanation:

orlando is full of crime. this isnt to offend anyone but this is from Charles Barkley when Magic were facing Philly. Charles said there are more black people in jail then in college.

You're not trying to offend anyone, then why try to associate black people with Orlando's crime problem?

People of all ethnic groups commit crime, especially in a city/area as culturally diverse as Orlando/Central Florida.

Btw, It's pretty easy to recognize your little agenda, especially with you having a screen name, that is also the title of a throughly debunked book of lies, about President-Elect Barack Obama.

quote:

orlando is full of crime. this isnt to offend anyone but this is from Charles Barkley when Magic were facing Philly. Charles said there are more black people in jail then in college.

Yes then you shouldnt have even posted this if you where not trying to offend anyone...eh hummm....might i remind you that your PRESIDENT IS BLACK?

dumb thing to post IMO

quote:
Originally posted by Tommaco:

quote:

Yes then you shouldnt have even posted this if you where not trying to offend anyone...eh hummm....might i remind you that your PRESIDENT IS BLACK?

dumb thing to post IMO

President-elect, our president is very much white.