Luke_FfS

Game Thread: Magic Vs. Blazers 11/10

we can not win any game if

the bench played (?) like this,

lewis shot (?) like this,

svg coached (?) like this,

and never win a title if

otis managed (?) like this...

Alright I apologize, let me re-state what I said. Only super superstars who have solified their spots in the NBA are able to do that. A player like Hedo who had one breakout season doesnt deserve to call his own number and why he DOES NOT call his own number. In fact im pretty sure that he is as unselfish as a player will get, you can tell by his demeanor on the court. JUST LIKE OBAMA SAID!!!

quote:
Originally posted by TURBEY:

we can not win any game if

the bench played (?) like this,

lewis shot (?) like this,

svg coached (?) like this,

and never win a title if

otis managed (?) like this...

what?

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

i realize blaming the refs is a message board tradition, but i have to wonder if some of you even watched the game. The refs were perfectly fair this game. There were a few bad calls (there always are), but they went both ways.

We lost because pietrus can't stay on the floor or guard dominant wings and lewis had his worst game since he joined the magic.

For those of you that hate bogans so much, he was literally the ONLY player off the bench that was worth a squirt of piss tonight. I'm sure you will all blame him for Roy's #'s, but bogans isn't on this team to be a stopper, pietrus is and the fact that he can't stay on the floor more than 5 minutes at a time is telling about how good a defender he actually is.

The previous 2 games Pietrus had 5 fouls in 63 minutes. 7 defensive fouls in the last 3. One game where he played 32 out of 3 quarters with 1 foul, so he can stay on the floor. The game just isn't as predictable as we think it is. He's not the only player in the league that's going to be in foul trouble or have a bad half. And I guarantee as long as you stick him on the premier scorers in this league, the whistle is not going to favor him. Especially with how the league is pampering it's offensive talent. But his foul troubles tonight aren't the reason the Magic lost. You lose as a team and there are more reasons why they lost than just Pietrus and Lewis.

nice stats...too bad they have nothing to do with tonight's game. I take it you're a fan of pietrus...the main reason we got him was to stop opposing wings. correct? He did not do that tonight. There are plenty of defensive 'stoppers' in the league (bowen, artest, prince) that can stay on the floor, so the refs as star****ers excuse doesn't fly since they all have to deal with it. His problem is he picks up stupid hand check fouls and that severely limits his playing time.

He has a shot at being exactly what we need at that position, but he's going to have to start using his head.

If lewis has an average game and our bench is more than just bogans, we win this game.

The point of the stats was to prove that he can stay on the court despite the chants that he can't. In tonight's game, he had a rough first half (it happens - see Dwight vs PHI), but showed some bounce back in the third. With no more fouls btw.

While I'll admit he's foul prone, consider his start. Just consider he's new to the team! He spent his entire career in Golden State who had a hectic pace, horrible coaching and a LOT of risk-taking. Maybe if he would've started out on a defensive-minded squad, he may have turned out like Bowen or Prince. He does need to break those old habits and play smarter. It's not going to happen overnight. It's a fault just like poor bench play, poor shot selection, poor shooting, poor FT shooting, etc. It all contributes to losses. Besides, what's foul trouble when he's only playing through 3 quarters anyways?

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

The point of the stats was to prove that he can stay on the court despite the chants that he can't. In tonight's game, he had a rough first half (it happens - see Dwight vs PHI), but showed some bounce back in the third. With no more fouls btw.

While I'll admit he's foul prone, consider his start. Just consider he's new to the team! He spent his entire career in Golden State who had a hectic pace, horrible coaching and a LOT of risk-taking. Maybe if he would've started out on a defensive-minded squad, he may have turned out like Bowen or Prince. He does need to break those old habits and play smarter. It's not going to happen overnight. It's a fault just like poor bench play, poor shot selection, poor shooting, poor FT shooting, etc. It all contributes to losses. Besides, what's foul trouble when he's only playing through 3 quarters anyways?

he's had less than 4 pfs in 3 games this season. He's played less than 20 minutes in a game three times already. We need him on the floor at least 30 minutes a night. He's our starter. At this rate, we'll get what we need from him 47 games this season. That's not good. Obviously we have other problems, but pietrus' inability to stay on the court is a major concern. There is a reason that svg has bogans guarding the other team's best wing late in games and that is because he has more confidence in him to get the job done w/ out fouling.

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

Alright I apologize, let me re-state what I said. Only super superstars who have solified their spots in the NBA are able to do that. A player like Hedo who had one breakout season doesnt deserve to call his own number and why he DOES NOT call his own number. In fact im pretty sure that he is as unselfish as a player will get, you can tell by his demeanor on the court. JUST LIKE OBAMA SAID!!!

So what you're saying is that only superstars take bad shots? Only superstars get the ball and arbitrarily decide that they alone are going to shoot it? Are you serious?

The most absurd part of all of this is that if someone like Jameer took as many bad, stupid, and forced shots as Hedo does in a game, he'd get chewed out for it constantly, whether he made them or not. The difference is that Hedo gets a free pass, and players like Jameer, or Rashard, or Dwight, or anyone else on the team don't.

And since I apparently have to spell out everything I say, since anything I say that can be misinterpreted by someone looking to be upset over something I write will be misinterpreted for that purpose, I am not, in fact, saying those players deserve a free pass. I'm saying Hedo doesn't deserve one either.

drunk on mystery or whoever you are

almost five or six monthS that im not here, the last time i looked at you were criticizing hedo like he killed the team. now i see that you are not changed that much. You are still criticizing him, trading him in every instance you put an argument about basketball game. writing too much, and being on this message board does not make you right about hedo orwhatever you are talking about. just cut the crab man! you have a personal issue with him. You are not that funny. You are disgusting. .... hedo. i dont care about him or any other player. you have a problem. get a life. see a pyscic. and please dont bother anwsering me. because, you know what, i dont fu

ocking care about you and thethings you have said. just stop. stop man. i fOcking hate you speaking too much

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

Hedo is constantly calling his own number. Remember the Pistons series, where we had kind of came back to only be down 4. We used a timeout with less than a minute left, Hedo walks the ball up, and airballs a three and you see SVG in disbelief because that obviously wasn't the plan

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

The only explanation for people blaming Hedo for this loss is... I mean, you must not of watched the game.

Other than getting personal, it's the only explanation I can come up with. Complaints about Hedo and/or thinking he should be traded off of his overall play and contract situation are one thing, but based off tonight?

I mean.. I honestly don't know how to react in a civil manner to that notion. So I won't say something I regret.

I'm assuming you're directing this at me, and you're missing my point.

We lost this game for a list of reasons I'm not going to go into. My issue with Hedo is that he's a) a terrible defender, and B) someone who will call his own number every play starting midway through the 3rd for the rest of the game. He could have made every shot, scored 60, and won us the game tonight, and my opinion, that that sort of decision making is detrimental to the team, wouldn't change. A stupid shot is a stupid shot, regardless of whether or not it goes in. Wanting to be the hero is ok when you're taking what the defense gives you. Hedo doesn't. At all. He runs the same awkward fake to his right then drives left before shooting an off-balance layup with the wrong hand.

Reality: Dwight Howard had 3 FGAs in the second half. If Hedo really is our "primary distributor" as everyone on this board seems to love to claim, than isn't it logical to conclude that he failed completely in the second half because our most efficient, most effective scorer wasn't getting the ball?

I get your point, DoM, and I agree that if Nelson would "call his number" like Hedo does, he'll be crucified in this forum.

But:

1) Otis is not going to trade him. I can see a trade before the deadline only if the team will have a losing record (something that I hope no one wants to see)

2) So, responsibilities fall in the hands of SVG, and he's doing absolutely nothing to correct that situation.

I mean, Hedo is clearly not smart when he thinks about his own stats and forget about team execution, but the coach is here for stop him and correct the plan. Clearly Hedo is not MJ or Kobe, so why Stan didn't stop him?

Put the ball in the hands of Jameer, and if Hedo is still launching shots everytime he touches it, put him in the bench.

If a kid stole money from his father pocket, and dad is not going to react, the kid will do it over and aver again. If dad reacts, maybe he'll learn the lesson.

So my point is: blame the coach too, not only Hedo. The sad part is that Hedo could really fit very well in this team, but something had to change in his mind or in SVG coaching to see this working properly.

Using the same rules, I believe that yesterday the one to be benched was Rashard. There