Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

Game Thread: Magic Vs. Blazers 11/10

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Would anyone like to argue with me about Bogans defending Brandon Roy down the stretch?

Haven't we seen this movie a time or two before??

Well ill at least give you that both shots were well contested. Its not like he slacked off on him.

I dont think he could have been defended any better by anyone

quote:

Would anyone like to argue with me about Bogans defending Brandon Roy down the stretch?

Hedo can't stop him too, and Pietrus made a bad job early, so we haven't a lot of possibilities...

Double teaming him maybe, forcing Blake to make shots.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:

Hedo can't stop him too, and Pietrus made a bad job early, so we haven't a lot of possibilities...

The only guy who did a consistently good job on him was Lee. Of course SVG playing a young player in the 4th quarter is near impossible, so at this point I'd just take my chances with Hedo, going but what's at least a little realistic coming from SVG.

It really saddens me that we can't get it to our best player because his FT shooting is detrimental to the team.

Man, at least Turk WANTS to take the big shots.

Rashard 5-22 in our last two. Yikes!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:

The only guy who did a consistently good job on him was Lee. Of course SVG playing a young player in the 4th quarter is near impossible, so at this point I'd just take my chances with Hedo, going but what's at least a little realistic coming from SVG.

I disagree. Lee only guarded him in spots. Lee was on Sergio for a good part of his time in.

Im not saying Keith was a defensive force but he has done as well as anyone could do tonite. Roy has made some really tough shots and has had the benefit of the Kobe calls for the most part tonite.

And Hedo was the worst matchup we had on Roy. He was torched on the few times he matched up against him and either let him just walk in or he sent him to the line.

Well im disappointed by this one but hey, we ran off 4 in a row and just were cold down the stretch.

I think we get it back on Wednesday.

You guys be safe out there and take care