keeping in line with the Sacramento fodder

Trade Machine

we might have to throw in a pick...

Nelson/Douby/AJ

MP/Bogans/Lee

Lewis/Salmons/Richardson

Moore/Battie

Dwight/Gortat/Foyle

Douby is a SG that has undergone some PG makeover, but still far from being a PG...however, he has the ability to score off the bench, he's also pretty quick, if anything he brings some length and some energy. Salmons is great off the bench, a big time one on one player, and a pretty darn good defender. Moore is just a big guy that can give us some energy, he just needs to be given step by step instructions, otherwise he gets foul happy...dude will flop with the best of them...

How does this trade help the Magic?

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...9~19~29~28&te=&cash=

This is the kind of trade I think Orlando should be making.

ummmm

why would you get rid of Bogans?

The only other contracts that worked were JJ and I think Cook might've worked, but you know what when you're having to hope the other teams in the trade will do you a favor and take your trash players, you do have to offer them at least something viable. We'd probably have to throw the Raptors a pick too, since they're giving up two good players like Kapono and Bargnani in exchange for, well you read it.

Not to mention that Joe Johnson becomes a FA after this year and by clearing that cap space we can re-sign DLee and get Joe Johnson and maybe even sign Starbury back for vet minimum if he doesn't display attitude.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...9~19~29~28&te=&cash=

This is the kind of trade I think Orlando should be making.

I like it. A big man who can actually shoot. Hell, he'd fit in better than Dwight already and a lights-out shooter who's 3's made outweigh the 2's he gives up on defense.

...where do I sign?

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Trade Machine

Nelson/Douby/AJ

MP/Bogans/Lee

Lewis/Salmons/Richardson

Moore/Battie

Dwight/Gortat/Foyle

Douby is a SG that has undergone some PG makeover, but still far from being a PG...however, he has the ability to score off the bench, he's also pretty quick, if anything he brings some length and some energy. Salmons is great off the bench, a big time one on one player, and a pretty darn good defender. Moore is just a big guy that can give us some energy, he just needs to be given step by step instructions, otherwise he gets foul happy...dude will flop with the best of them...

what do you mean?

Moore = quality big man depth.

Salmons = strong one on one player, something we dont really have, plus he brings defense and FT attempts.

Douby = young PG depth off the bench, capable of scoring

overall the trade strengthens the bench and allows Lewis to return to the SF slot where he can start working on creating his own game again...Having Salmons and Dwight on the same team will increase our standings in the FT attempts per game category...Moore will add to our rebounding and overall post presence...we dont have to worry about signing any of these guys for a little bit...puts more pressure on Nelson to carry the load...I think it helps a lot...

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trade Machine

Nelson/Douby/AJ

MP/Bogans/Lee

Lewis/Salmons/Richardson

Moore/Battie

Dwight/Gortat/Foyle

what do you mean?

Salmons = strong one on one player, something we dont really have, plus he brings defense and FT attempts.

overall the trade strengthens the bench and allows Lewis to return to the SF slot where he can start working on creating his own game again...Having Salmons and Dwight on the same team will increase our standings in the FT attempts per game category...Moore will add to our rebounding and overall post presence...we dont have to worry about signing any of these guys for a little bit...puts more pressure on Nelson to carry the load...I think it helps a lot...

Douby isn't a PG, and never was one, so that basically put us back in a logjam at SG. Moore game is pretty much the same as Battie, and do you actually think Moore would start for Stan? Lewis would still be starting at PF, and Salmons would be our new SF.

So in the end this trade wouldn't make us any better, actually it would make us worst because it would leave us without a playmaker.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trade Machine

Nelson/Douby/AJ

MP/Bogans/Lee

Lewis/Salmons/Richardson

Moore/Battie

Dwight/Gortat/Foyle

what do you mean?

Douby isn't a PG, and never was one, so that basically put us back in a logjam at SG. Moore game is pretty much the same as Battie, and do you actually think Moore would start for Stan? Lewis would still be starting at PF, and Salmons would be our new SF.

So in the end this trade wouldn't make us any better, actually it would make us worst because it would leave us without a playmaker.

Douby is playing PG right now...he's not a PG, but he has been playing the position for some time with Sacramento, check into it...

this trade doesnt make us worse (or worst as you say), it makes us different...

I will agree, Lewis and Salmons might start together, it's a possibility...did you know that Salmons and Hedo are averaging about the same stats, including assists right now? Salmons can pass the ball as well FYI...granted, we lose a play maker, but if you had to strike or lose Hedo, this isnt a bad deal, regardless of how you feel about it...

Turkoglu just scored 35 points, and you want to replace him with Mikki Moore?????

No thank you.

The only person I'd want to trade Hedo for would be, thats right, David West.

How unstoppable would that make us?

Nelson

Pietrus

Lewis

West

Howard

lol, this board...

Hedo would essentially be replaced with Salmons, Moore is a bonus...c'mon now...

David West, oh yea, much easier to fathom...

i'm not trying to trade Hedo...im just posting ideas in the trade thread which happens to be specifically for the purpose of trading Hedo...I for one, wish to keep him...

I would love to see/would have loved to see the team go after someone who could effectively play either forward position, was a good defender, was a good passer, and could consistently put up 12-15 points and like 6-8 rebounds. The problem is your best bet to get a player like that, especially when your best trade chip is Hedo, would be to try to catch them when their value was really low, like after they'd just gotten into a huge fight with their coach and hadn't yet resolved those issues. If only there had been an instance where that opportunity had presented itself.

You see what I did there?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trade Machine

Nelson/Douby/AJ

MP/Bogans/Lee

Lewis/Salmons/Richardson

Moore/Battie

Dwight/Gortat/Foyle

what do you mean?

Douby is playing PG right now...he's not a PG, but he has been playing the position for some time with Sacramento, check into it...

this trade doesnt make us worse (or worst as you say), it makes us different...

I will agree, Lewis and Salmons might start together, it's a possibility...did you know that Salmons and Hedo are averaging about the same stats, including assists right now? Salmons can pass the ball as well FYI...granted, we lose a play maker, but if you had to strike or lose Hedo, this isnt a bad deal, regardless of how you feel about it...

It's a bad deal because it doesn't allow Rashard Lewis to move back to his natural position. Just so know Douby is the back-up SG, and Bobby Jackson and Bobby Brown are the back-up PG, so you my friend need to check into it.