Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Worried about the Turk's struggles - Denton

ehh-im not worried. his rebounds are up, and assists are the same, and a game of 25+ points will bring his ppg average back up to last seasons'. once again, overreaction by denton/local media. as long as he does what he-do(ha ha) then things will average out nicely in the long run.

We should be more worried about other things like our bench players, the overall play or even Jameer. Turk showed that he has the ability to meet the expectations and play under pressure and he continues to contribute in other ways. So, one question remains, can he find his shot soon?

Yes, he can (;

In a way I see Turk's poor play as a positive for the team. It allows Rashard to become the player he is paid to be.

I really like Turk. I do believe, though, that keeping Turk and paying him a chunk (55 mil +) would be a big mistake. Having 2 SFs making a combined 170 mil + is non-sense. Turk is a huge trading chip and I hope Otis doesn't get locked into this current formula for building a contender.

Is this team in it's currently makeup going to win the East? Is it going to win a 7 game series against the West champ? Can we overcome the pg play and bench? Those are the only questions that you have to ask to figure out what to do with Turk because no other pieces that have value are moveable.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Is this team in it's currently makeup going to win the East? Is it going to win a 7 game series against the West champ? Can we overcome the pg play and bench? Those are the only questions that you have to ask to figure out what to do with Turk because no other pieces that have value are moveable.

Agree

With Turk playing as he can...

Yes to the first two questions.

The bench is the question we need to worry about.

I'd put our 5 starters against any other 5 ...

but our BENCH...HMMMMM ????

that's the main question

Jameer does a good enough job as playmaker, certainly better than Turk, Why does everybody assume Turk is asked to be a ,Point Forward, Turk is a turnover machine, and takes stupid, out of game plan shots, not the guy anyone would want as a distributor, however he does make some of the flashy plays he always attempts, they are poor % shots, and passes, and it is no surprise he can't be consistent when constantly making low % plays, luck only gets you so far. Turk needs to follow the game plan, and get D12 the ball, or get the hill out of town.