Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Benching JJ

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

What about Hedo, JJ, and Cook for Hinrich and Cedric Simmons. Simmons is a young big with potential who could be a very good PF. The Bulls get rid of Hinrich's salary and they may be one of the teams interested in JJ as a player (hence the 2nd year of his contract).

Not sure if they would want Hedo, since Deng is a SF, but he has played PF as well, with some success. The big thing here is salary dump for them.

Terrible.

If you are going to trade with Chicago then they need to take Battie/Cook not Hedo. They would probably want a first rounder especially considering they are getting no real value aside from contracts that expire after 09-10.

I really do not follow alot of college ball so somebody would have to tell me what would hold more value. Hinrich at his current contract or one of the guys the Magic could draft in say the 20ish range.

Well, to me that trade is all about fit. Hinrich used to be a very good PG, but even when he struggled last year (as did all the Bulls) he was still stellar defensively. Simmons has been on 3 teams, sure, but he is young and has never been given much of a chance. Not saying he's the solution, but there is a chance he could be. If you read about his game, he is a perimeter big man who loves to block shots and grab rebounds.

As for the effect of losing Hedo and JJ and gaining Hinrich, there are many. Yes, we lose a solid scoring option, but Hinrich is no slouch. It moves Shard to his true position and gives us a legitimate scoring threat off the bench in Jameer. Hinrich is a much better distributor than Nelson, and thus fits better with our starting 5.

Plus there is always the fear that Hedo could bolt this summer.

And you're really upset about losing Cook?

quote:

Well, to me that trade is all about fit. Hinrich used to be a very good PG, but even when he struggled last year (as did all the Bulls) he was still stellar defensively. Simmons has been on 3 teams, sure, but he is young and has never been given much of a chance. Not saying he's the solution, but there is a chance he could be. If you read about his game, he is a perimeter big man who loves to block shots and grab rebounds.

As for the effect of losing Hedo and JJ and gaining Hinrich, there are many. Yes, we lose a solid scoring option, but Hinrich is no slouch. It moves Shard to his true position and gives us a legitimate scoring threat off the bench in Jameer. Hinrich is a much better distributor than Nelson, and thus fits better with our starting 5.

Plus there is always the fear that Hedo could bolt this summer.

And you're really upset about losing Cook?

How does this help with depth though? We lose 3 players, 1 being our starter, and gain 1 bench PG (Jameer) and 1 guy who may or may not be good . I don't get it.

So we have...

Nelson/AJ

Peaches/Lee/Bogans/JJ

Turk/Bogans/Richardson

Shard/Battie/Cook

D12/Gortat/Foyle

And we get

Hinrich/Nelson/AJ

Peaches/Lee

Lewis/Bogans/Richardson

Battie?/Simmons

D12/Gorat/Foyle

No thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

What about Hedo, JJ, and Cook for Hinrich and Cedric Simmons. Simmons is a young big with potential who could be a very good PF. The Bulls get rid of Hinrich's salary and they may be one of the teams interested in JJ as a player (hence the 2nd year of his contract).

Not sure if they would want Hedo, since Deng is a SF, but he has played PF as well, with some success. The big thing here is salary dump for them.

Terrible.

If you are going to trade with Chicago then they need to take Battie/Cook not Hedo. They would probably want a first rounder especially considering they are getting no real value aside from contracts that expire after 09-10.

I really do not follow alot of college ball so somebody would have to tell me what would hold more value. Hinrich at his current contract or one of the guys the Magic could draft in say the 20ish range.

There should be alot of good PG available in the 20ish range, but since Otis is making the calls, I'll say it pretty much 50/50.

I just do not think you need to include Turk because the Bulls are not going to re-sign him with having Deng and Nocioni signed long term.

I would think the Bulls main goal as a franchise moving forward would be to clear enough space to go after Dwayne Wade in the summer of 2010. Again I am not sure how many of those guys will actually leave their current teams but its worth a shot to them.

They are not going anywhere this year so might as well just turn the reigns over to Rose and let him just play.

So again Turk really serves no purpose. Expirings and draft picks do though.

Well, for one, you listed Bogans twice in the initial depth chart so it looks nicer.

The only true depth we lose is PF, and even then, Cook isn't getting any PT, and Shard still could theoretically swing to the 4 to play small, with MP at the 3 and either Lee or Bogans at the 2.

I see what you are saying, I just don't think it has as big of an effect as you think it does.

Hey RevTy, are you getting the board members all fired up about big trades? j/k

One way or another The Rev is gonna get Otis to make a move...I just hope it's the move he wants.

Back on the subject of J.J. Redick...everyone just assumes that J.J. would just shoot the lights out if he got shots up and minutes...well, I checked his Duke stats and his career average from the arc was 40%...Lee is unproven so far(and I don't have time to check his stats) but Bogans is a career 35% shooter from the arc with a high average of 39% during the 06/07 season...

If their 3-point percentages are that close...all things being equal...why would you ever need to give J.J. any playing time taking into consideration his defnsive liabilities?

Didn't anybody notice Hinrich D-ing up Hedo a couple nights ago? The kid can play defense. He is also much more of a distributor than Jameer. Hinrich's contract is also structured to move lower each year, and with the Bulls draft selection of Rose, they may be thrilled to move Kirk's contract off their books. Right now they are paying the LT. That situation only gets worse for them next year when they will need to fill 7 roster spots and will only be 12-14 million under the LT level.

You must also take into consideration that the Bulls at some point will be without the services of Gordon, Hughes, or both. Deng could slide to the SG spot with Hedo playing the 3.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Didn't anybody notice Hinrich D-ing up Hedo a couple nights ago? The kid can play defense. He is also much more of a distributor than Jameer. Hinrich's contract is also structured to move lower each year, and with the Bulls draft selection of Rose, they may be thrilled to move Kirk's contract off their books. Right now they are paying the LT. That situation only gets worse for them next year when they will need to fill 7 roster spots and will only be 12-14 million under the LT level.

You must also take into consideration that the Bulls at some point will be without the services of Gordon, Hughes, or both. Deng could slide to the SG spot with Hedo playing the 3.

In order for the Bulls to take Hedo, they'll have to find a taker for Nocioni, because they just made Deng there franchise player, and it wouldn't make sense to have all that money tied into one position, when the team needs a low post scorer. That why I think the next trade might be Al Harrington for Kirk Hinrich.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

In order for the Bulls to take Hedo, they'll have to find a taker for Nocioni, because they just made Deng there franchise player, and it wouldn't make sense to have all that money tied into one position .

Oh, the irony...