Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Benching JJ

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Smack, out of curiosity, when you are looking for a PG and a PF, which one do you want to be a starter? Both? In other words, it is unlikely we can get 2 proven starters for the package you listed, at least not ones that are very good. So do you want the PF to be proven and the PG to have potential, or vise versa.

Ideally, I would like to acquire a starting PG, and bring in a PF that can grow into that role. Right now, I feel like Battie or Gortat could start for us at PF if needed.

As I mentioned earlier, a deal for Hinrich and Noah would help us.

Hinrich/Nelson/AJ

Pietrus/Lee/Bogans

Shard/Bogans/Richardson

Battie/Noah/

Dwight/Gortat/Foyle

We then go out and sign an available player to play the PF. Chris Richards?

Or, you concentrate on getting a starting PG solely, and you become a big player in the mcDyess sweepstakes that seems to be unfolding (now the Celts have reported they want McDyess).

Another deal that I would like to see explored is something that could possible land us Antonio Daniels and Etan Thomas. Or, the afformentioned deals with OKC for Watson and Collison/Wilcox. Or, Udrih & Shelden Williams.

Hinrich, to me, is the best option out there. Noah.... blech. I guess I'd take him. Man, I don't know if I could watch the games though...

I'd take Gooden back before I want Noah...

Not real big on Watson.

Shelden Williams? Man, you have a thing for ugly big men, huh?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Smack, out of curiosity, when you are looking for a PG and a PF, which one do you want to be a starter? Both? In other words, it is unlikely we can get 2 proven starters for the package you listed, at least not ones that are very good. So do you want the PF to be proven and the PG to have potential, or vise versa.

Ideally, I would like to acquire a starting PG, and bring in a PF that can grow into that role. Right now, I feel like Battie or Gortat could start for us at PF if needed.

As I mentioned earlier, a deal for Hinrich and Noah would help us.

Hinrich/Nelson/AJ

Pietrus/Lee/Bogans

Shard/Bogans/Richardson

Battie/Noah/

Dwight/Gortat/Foyle

We then go out and sign an available player to play the PF. Chris Richards?

Or, you concentrate on getting a starting PG solely, and you become a big player in the mcDyess sweepstakes that seems to be unfolding (now the Celts have reported they want McDyess).

Another deal that I would like to see explored is something that could possible land us Antonio Daniels and Etan Thomas. Or, the afformentioned deals with OKC for Watson and Collison/Wilcox. Or, Udrih & Shelden Williams.

I like all those deals, but what entices those teams to make them besides Chicago and Sacramento? Even then, both teams have combo guards backing up the PG position really with Hughes/Gordon on Chicago and Jackson/Douby in Sac town.

OKC is thin at PG with only Watson and Westbrook at that position, and Washington is already loaded with injuries.

I think Wilcox/Collison would be great for the magic. We need a big banger Battie is trying in all fairness but he is not enough and our pg situation is just horrible. But as said before its only 4 games in so its still early. I can't wait to see how they play tomorrow I think nelson will have a great game against miller.

I think they only trade that could work would be a trade for Wilcox or Collison but you know that Sam Presti is going to wait until the deadline to get the absolute max he can for those 2 players.

I really think we are going to see SVG just have to tinker with the lineup and have a set rotation and kind of go from there you could say.

quote:
Another deal that I would like to see explored is something that could possible land us Antonio Daniels and Etan Thomas. Or, the afformentioned deals with OKC for Watson and Collison/Wilcox. Or, Udrih & Shelden Williams

How about Paul Millsap and Ronnie Price.

What about Hedo, JJ, and Cook for Hinrich and Cedric Simmons. Simmons is a young big with potential who could be a very good PF. The Bulls get rid of Hinrich's salary and they may be one of the teams interested in JJ as a player (hence the 2nd year of his contract).

Not sure if they would want Hedo, since Deng is a SF, but he has played PF as well, with some success. The big thing here is salary dump for them.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Another deal that I would like to see explored is something that could possible land us Antonio Daniels and Etan Thomas. Or, the afformentioned deals with OKC for Watson and Collison/Wilcox. Or, Udrih & Shelden Williams

How about Paul Millsap and Ronnie Price.

I'm pretty sure Utah is intent on keeping Millsap as insurance for Boozer.

quote:

What about Hedo, JJ, and Cook for Hinrich and Cedric Simmons. Simmons is a young big with potential who could be a very good PF. The Bulls get rid of Hinrich's salary and they may be one of the teams interested in JJ as a player (hence the 2nd year of his contract).

Not sure if they would want Hedo, since Deng is a SF, but he has played PF as well, with some success. The big thing here is salary dump for them.

Terrible.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

Terrible.

Care to elaborate?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Terrible.

Care to elaborate?

I am not Jareth, but I see no reason Chicago makes that trade.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Terrible.

Care to elaborate?

We trade our 2nd or 3rd scoring option, and a big who might not be the greatest but can atleast come in a score 10 pts in a game chucking up 3's for a good but not great PG and a guy who has been on 3 different teams in 3 years and can't sniff a rotation. No thanks. And that's just from our standpoint.