Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

Is anyone tired of Hedo's fourth quarter heroics?

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Alright, let me be the first to say that I'm a big Turk fan, but ever since last season he's been dribbling around taking Kobe-contested shots in an attempt to look like the cold-blooded hero. He can play point-forward, that's fine, but that role comes with a job, find other players, make plays.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of seeing Dwight's role diminish to nothing but a screen-setter in the 4th quarter. We should be getting it to him as much as possible in the post, and if he's fouled and misses both freethrows, so be it. The guy took 10 FG attempts in the first quarter, and 5 in the next three. To me, that is simply unacceptable for someone who has such an overwhelming advantage against seemingly every opponent he faces. This is our guy, let him make the big decisions in the post down the stretch. Anything's better than iso after iso possession after possession.

I'm by no means overly-satisfied with tonight's win. We gave up two separate 17 point leads and a 10 point lead in the final two and a half minutes. But hell, a win's a win. I'm just upset that our plays in the fourth quarter couldn't possibly be more telegraphed.

On another note, where the hell is Pietrus?!

This issue extends way beyond Hedo. Bogans & JJ have been the only two players who consistently pound the rock inside to Dwight and it needs to become a consistent, collective team effort. A win is a win, but we took a ton of bad shots tonight, and that's precisely why we let Chicago back into the game twice.

The man has 7 assists and you still say he doesnt pass the ball lol.

Why do you guys ride Dwight like he is the best player in the NBA? Cant you guys see that he is not even a good basketball player at the moment? There is no skill to his game, his whole basketball game is based on athleticism. This season I cant give Dwight any props because he doesnt get better at all. Im tired of all the d***riders this man gets for nothing. Right now there are so many centers better than him, off the top of my head I would say Yao of course, Al jefferson, even Andrew Bynum and Im not even trying to think. He cant event hit a simple hook shot from 10 feet. If Dwight averaged 20 shots a game, the magic would lose every game. Every team is hoping that the Magic give the ball to Dwight, because it mostly ends up in a TO or forced missed shot or a bad pass. Just cuz he scored 20 a game and gets over 10 rebounds doesnt make him a godsend. Thats why no team bothers with Dwight when it comes to the fourth and thats why his own coach doesnt trust him. Give this Dwight is the best center in the league Bs a rest and enjoy the fact that Hedo and Rashard make this team go. Dwight already pisses me off with his stupid i wanna block everything attitude and i cant seem to count to 3 self.

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

Why do you guys ride Dwight like he is the best player in the NBA? Cant you guys see that he is not even a good basketball player at the moment? There is no skill to his game, his whole basketball game is based on athleticism. This season I cant give Dwight any props because he doesnt get better at all. Im tired of all the d***riders this man gets for nothing. Right now there are so many centers better than him, off the top of my head I would say Yao of course, Al jefferson, even Andrew Bynum and Im not even trying to think. He cant event hit a simple hook shot from 10 feet. If Dwight averaged 20 shots a game, the magic would lose every game. Every team is hoping that the Magic give the ball to Dwight, because it mostly ends up in a TO or forced missed shot or a bad pass. Just cuz he scored 20 a game and gets over 10 rebounds doesnt make him a godsend. Thats why no team bothers with Dwight when it comes to the fourth and thats why his own coach doesnt trust him. Give this Dwight is the best center in the league Bs a rest and enjoy the fact that Hedo and Rashard make this team go. Dwight already pisses me off with his stupid i wanna block everything attitude and i cant seem to count to 3 self.

There is so much dumb in this post, I'm quickly loosing mai abillitiy to sspel annd phinisch senntensess..

wow...people protesting our go to player at taking shots he's suppose to take. Now lets say if Kobe was to take the same shots as hedo and bricking them knowing darn well he couldn't rely on his teammates to make those shots? Would you protest him to?

BTW, if he takes them, he knows he can make them. Otherwise who else would make those types of shots...Rashard Lewis?!?!?! LMAO

quote:

quote:

There is so much dumb in this post, I'm quickly loosing mai abillitiy to sspel annd phinisch senntensess..

**** all those centers who average 20+ and 10+ and try to block every shot. In my day our centers didnt jump, and they averaged 55 and 30.

I sincerely hope this poster is sarcastic or has dial up internet that finally sent this post from 2005.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

**** all those centers who average 20+ and 10+ and try to block every shot. In my day our centers didnt jump, and they averaged 55 and 30.

I sincerely hope this poster is sarcastic or has dial up internet that finally sent this post from 2005.

LMAO at the last line. IT'S COMCASTIC!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

wow...people protesting our go to player at taking shots he's suppose to take. Now lets say if Kobe was to take the same shots as hedo and bricking them knowing darn well he couldn't rely on his teammates to make those shots? Would you protest him to?

BTW, if he takes them, he knows he can make them. Otherwise who else would make those types of shots...Rashard Lewis?!?!?! LMAO

Hedo is not our go to player. He made a game winning shot on national television agaisnt the champs and now he thinks he's our closer or something. He's not, I'm sick of him getting the ball dribbling around and taking a dumb shot in the 4th quarter of games. Just set up and run a normal offense and try to find an open man, we don't need to force the ball into Hedo just because he made a big game winning shot once. Hedo is a good player, but he's no closer, and he's no superstar...the Magic need to stop treating him like one.

quote:

quote:

It must be some ironic play on words off of his screen name. Nothing this uniformed could come from someone that has actually seen a basketball game played.

first i know hedo had bad shooting night.. but what i saw is he played 12 min in 1.quarter and he ddint rest much. he looked tired and insecure when he shot the ball...

but i dont understand why so many haters... if you just look his shot almost 95% he creates his own shots. he is not like rashard that wait in one spot and makes open shots... if rashard is better shooter then why he dissapears in 4th most of the times..

i wish that hedo just wait open in corners for 3s and make shots like bogans and rashard he will be hero for you guys.. as you all know he is not just small forward also he creates plays for other players... i know some of his decicions bad but come on who is perfect... did u watch p.pierce stats in last boston game or carmelo against lakers, or nowitzki agans cavs? i dont think their fans bashing them because they sucked in those games..

you guys want him to make 20 ppg, 10 asst and 0 turnovers every game... come on.. if he does that i dont think he could be orlando by now..

he will be better i hope and get over these bad days, and you will scream again MR. 4TH QUARTERRRRR...

I really hate that dumb monicker... Mr. Fourth Quarter. My thoughts are it tends to make a player think he needs to step it up in the fourth quarter to cement the monicker. If his shots are falling, he looks really good. But when he makes two bonehead moves in a row in the fourth quarter, it really does look bad (and very costly).

Hedo's 4th quarter antics have been a touchy subject for me. When he essentially is your PG, and decides he is going to be the hero, he'll get his shots. He gets his shots, he'll get his points. Does that equal best case scenario for the team? Prob not.

Want data regarding this subject? Take a gander:

http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

I think we all, including the press, need to stop calling him MR. 4Th Quarter. They need to continue the same game they played the previous 3 quarters. Last night we were killing the Bulls and when Hedo decided to attempt a take over all by himself, they caught up and almost beat us. Team Ball the whole game.